Location and Job Title:
Aaron Family JCC of Dallas
7900 Northaven Rd
Dallas, TX 75230
OVERVIEW: The Membership Associate will be responsible for bringing in new members to the JCC and meeting sales goals. The position will research opportunities to market JCC Membership, make off campus visits, work with marketing to build marketing campaigns and focus on selling JCC Memberships.
This is a part-time maximum 29 hours per week non-exempt position with no benefits. The position has a standard hourly salary plus commission for each membership sold over the budgeted numbers. Standard work hours will be Thursday & Friday & Monday 9am-1pm, Saturday & Sunday 12noon-4pm. However, flexibility is necessary as days may change due to marketing events and needs of the agency. The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
Salary scale: $13-$15/hr AND commission (commission for each Total J membership sold after the budget is met)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist Membership Director in the preparation of a sales plan to achieve the membership sales goals of the agency.
- Research alternative avenues to market the JCC in events, fairs, organizations and actively participate in related activities to sell JCC Membership.
- Actively reach out to potential members and market the JCC Membership.
- Offer tours and maintain the highest level of knowledge pertaining to the facility and programs.
- Sign up new members and complete paperwork to complete the application process.
- File and organize applications, tours, sales attempts, and all communication.
- Coordinate all mailings to potential new members and help assemble folders.
- Partner with marketing and Membership Director in designing and implementing marketing campaigns, promotional offers, and marketing materials.
- Create logins for new members in the My J App and help members with creating accounts, reservations, and general use of the app.
- Prepare reports and presentation about new member sales, promotions, membership statistics and membership related matters.
- Support the membership team in providing customer service to current members, tracking, sending bills, renewal notices, updating payment and contact information, drops, adds and membership related issues.
- Support the membership team in providing services to insurance members; registering and providing customer service, tracking monthly adds and preparing usage reports for insurance members.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in agency functions, membership events.
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures.
- Be consistent and reliable in arrival and attendance.
- Perform duties onsite and offsite of employer as assigned.
- Complete training sessions with insurance providers, fitness program providers
- Complete required training for the agency
- Support the membership, main welcome desk, Sports & Fitness Welcome Desk and accounting departments in fulfilling their duties.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years of membership sales, customer service and administrative experience
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Programs; intermediate excel required.
- Must be assertive, outgoing, sales focused.
- Must take initiative and require little supervision.
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while also fielding calls from members.
- Must be efficient and able to compete time sensitive tasks.
- Professional appearance, manner, tone, and attitude.
It is expected that this position will be a team player as part of the JCC Staff. He/she is expected to be aware of the JCC Mission Statement and work within the frameworks of that mission. Responsibilities of the job may be changed as the needs of the JCC and/or community change.
The Aaron Family Jewish Community Center of Dallas brings the community together by providing state-of-the-art facilities and exceptional programs in an inclusive environment defined by Jewish values and culture.