Location and Job Title:
Manager of Fundraising Events and Donor Relations
Bonnie & Donald Dwares JCC of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island
401 Elmgrove Ave
Providence, RI 02906
Status: Full Time, non-exempt
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Gail Putnam at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island seeks a dynamic and motivated individual to serve as the Alliance's Manager of Fundraising Events and Donor Relations. The position, which is part of our Development Team, supports the Alliance's efforts to recognize donors, develop events that celebrate those who give, and design and implement fundraising events to create a donor stewardship pipeline, supporting the work of the Alliance. This role will also support the larger development efforts of the Alliance, including building individual giving efforts and other team-based projects.
- Lead and manage recognition events for all Alliance donor categories, including but not limited to professional affinity groups, legacy, and major donors from concept to execution.
- Develop and execute intimate and community fundraising events for the Alliance, including the annual golf tournament and thank you events.
- Collaborate internally with other departments and teams within the organization to support the development and fundraising projects for the Alliance.
- Lead campaign planning and kick-off.
- Spearhead and serve as key contact for fundraising campaign volunteers.
- Manage community volunteers who support development events and fundraising campaigns.
- Create and manage direct marketing appeals to donors.
- Research fundraising platforms and recommend new technology for additional revenue.
- Research current and prospective donors for giving potential.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of prospective and existing individual donors and track stewardship activity.
- Represent the Jewish Alliance at networking, professional, and other community events as necessary.
- Support the work of the larger development team and serve on cross-functional project teams as necessary throughout the organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two to three years relevant work experience in the areas of general fundraising, donor recognition, and/or events management.
- Effective and authentic interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects effectively and to conclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate seamlessly with a range of community stakeholders, including clergy, volunteers, and staff across the Alliance.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office suite, and other fundraising technology tools and database systems.
- Great attention to detail, creativity, and a sense of humor recommended.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community of Rhode Island and the Jewish Alliance a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed and travel within the greater Rhode Island area.
$45,000 - $55,000
About the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island:
The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island (the Alliance) serves to enrich the quality of life for Jews in Rhode Island, in Israel, and around the world.Today's Alliance is where the community comes together as one to develop responses to critical issues facing Rhode Island.We do this through philanthropy, education and wellness opportunities, community relations, and by convening agencies, synagogues, and organizations to address issues of common concern.Together, we translate Jewish tradition and values into action.All of our work is guided by our core values:
Tzedakah: upholding the Jewish traditions of righteous giving and justice.
L'dor v'dor: securing a future filled with Jewish tradition and heritage.
Tikkun Olam: repairing the world.
Hineni: standing with others so no one stands alone.
Klal Yisrael: supporting worldwide Judaism and the State of Israel.
Torah: pursuing knowledge and lifelong learning.