Location and Job Title:
Park Heights Youth Program Director
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Reporting to the Senior Program Director, the Park Heights Youth Program Director will be primarily responsible for oversight, supervision and direction of the Park Heights Children and Youth programming, J Play (babysitting) and Camp Koolanu. This position will also support the Meyerhoff Engagement Center with program planning, coverage and family engagement.
This is a full time, 40 hour per week position with the need for flexibility to accommodate meetings, programs and events that may occur during non-regularly (mutually agreed upon) scheduled hours. This position may require a varying work schedule during the summer J Camp season.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all aspects of programming for the Weinberg Park Heights JCC to include but not be limited to Children, Youth, Arts & Culture, Motzai Shabbos and camp Koolanu.
- Directly hire, onboard, train, supervise and provide leadership, support and motivation for the Babysitting coordinator, the Camp Koolanu director, as well as provide direct support to the Family Engagement team and the Meyerhoff Engagement Center and LifeBridge Heath initiatives.
- Develop, Implement, Supervise and Manage four large yearly Park Heights events.
- Supervise Motzai Shabbos youth programs.
- Attend and contribute to the Park Heights program meetings to review and evaluate current programs and develop new program and activities that continue to meet the needs of our members and community.
- Work with all Park Heights programming departments to assure cross promotion of programs and services.
- Act as the liaison to the marketing department for all Park Heights related marketing pieces to assure marketing materials are culturally sensitive to the Orthodox Community.
- Responsible for educating staff and providing guidance and support with regard to Jewish/Orthodox traditions and practices to assure our Park Heights programs, classes, schedules maintain the cultural sensitivities of this community.
- Develop, cultivate and maintain relationships with other Associated agencies and community groups, schools and shuls.
- Work with lay leadership as directed by the Senior Program Director.
- Work closely with the Park Heights Building Director to discuss, resolve and communicate Park Heights member related issues and concerns.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and monitoring the annual budgets of all areas of responsibility.
- Assist direct reports with hiring, onboarding and training of staff.
- Participate in other JCC and/or community events as needed.
- Participate in weekly Park Heights building meetings.
- Participate in agency training, staff meetings, supervisory conferences, committees and special events. Represent the JCC on appropriate staff committees and at interagency and professional conferences as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, and others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer, talk and hear, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions.
- Strong understanding of the Park Heights Jewish community and able to liaison with Jewish organizations and communal leadership.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Minimum 3 years children, youth programming experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, JCC members, community partners and lay leaders.
- Works effectively in a team-oriented culture.
- Understands and is committed to developing strategies that align with the JCC Mission.
35,000 - 45,000
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.