1. Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety of all patrons at the pools.
2. Lifeguards must enforce rules and policies.
3. Lifeguards must evaluate and resolve emergency situations.
4. Lifeguards must conduct safety checks, check and record chemical levels and help maintain the cleanliness of pool areas.
5. Lifeguards must perform appropriate rescues and perform first aid when necessary.
6. Lifeguards must report and document all injuries and rescues to the Aquatics Director.
7. Lifeguards must be able to operate a handicap lift at any time.
8. Lifeguards must attend and participate in mandatory bi-weekly staff meetings.
9. Lifeguards must be professional and alert at all times.
10. Lifeguards must be able to implement and enforce the Test, Mark & Protect policy.
11. Lifeguards must be Rescue Ready.
12. Lifeguards must be on time for scheduled shifts.
13. Lifeguards must be able to anticipate a problem situation and resolve it before a accident occurs.
American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid
American Red Cross CPR/AED
15 years of age and older
The Jewish Community Center is seeking lifeguards to work year round at the Oscar J. Tolmas Aquatics Center. Applicant must be responsible, reliable, mature, personable and punctual. Flexible schedule and pay is competitive. Applicants must be at least 15 years of age and posses a current American Red Cross Certification.