Location and Job Title:
Case Assistance Coordinator
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
54 Nagle Ave
New York, NY 10040
Working at the Center for Adults Living Well (CALW) @ the Y
The NYC Department for the Aging (DFTA) funds the CALW Center for Adults Living Well @ the Y. It provides a wide range of holistic programs to help seniors live a vibrant, full, and active life. You will be part of a diverse community of professionals who are passionate about caring for the aging members of our community.
We value our people who enable us to impact the lives of the people we serve positively. As a Case Assistance Coordinator, you will partner with the Director of Social Services and the Center's Director to provide a seamless experience for those 60 and over by assisting them in their entitlements and benefits concerns. This is your opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the elderly while growing in your career!
Exciting roles await you when you join the Y's dynamic, thriving, and nurturing community center!
- Assist clients in accessing benefits, entitlements, and other related services
- Assist with individual program plans for members relating to benefits and entitlements
- Make referrals to mental health and legal services providers, as needed
- Maintain case notes and computer records in compliance with funding requirements
- Participate in developing, implementing, and publishing an outreach plan to increase membership
- Assist in lunchtime coverage, as assigned
- Assist in translating and interpreting, as needed
- Participate in regular supervisory conferences, agency staff development activities, and outside conferences
- Perform other duties as assigned
Working at the Y can be very rewarding and fulfilling too!
- Salary: $ 40,000 - 45,000 (commensurate with your qualifications)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Competitive benefits package (Health Insurance; Retirement Plan; Optional 403b Plan;Life Insurance;Flexible Spending Account;Commuter Benefit Plan;Free Y Fitness Center/Gym Membership)
To land this job, you must have:
- BSW degree or Associate degree or BA/BS degree plus two years' MSW-supervised casework experience
- Proficiency in both English and Spanish languages; can read, write, listen, and speak fluently in Spanish and English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
You are extra awesome if:
- You have at least two years of experience in social service benefits and entitlements.
- You have experience working with adults aged 60 and better.
- You are familiar with DFTA standards.
This job might be for you if:
- You are available to work Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.(35 hours per week, five days per week)
- You have a sincere desire and patience to help the elderly in their entitlements and benefits concerns, including assisting in translating English communications into Spanish.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are interested in learning DFTA requirements and systems.
- You are composed and people-oriented. A good sense of humor always helps!
- You are eager and comfortable in working with a large, diverse population.
Established in 1917 as one of the first Jewish community centers in New York City, the YM & YWHA of Washington Heights and Inwood ("the Y") today is a thriving and visionary not-for-profit human services organization in Northern Manhattan.We offer a wide range of educational, recreational, and social services programs to enhance the quality of life of the people we serve. From topnotch early childhood education and youth development programs to innovative senior center services, there's always something for everyone at the Y!