Location and Job Title:
NV Rides Manager
The Pozez Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia
8900 Little River Turnpike
Fairfax, VA 22031
Summary of Position:
The Pozez Jewish Community Center seeks an experienced candidate to be our NV Rides Manager to administer, monitor, and continuously improve a grant-funded program that works with community organizations in Northern Virginia/Fairfax County in providing coordination of volunteer driver programs serving older adults in need of transportation. Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently and collaboratively to ensure that NV Rides performance metrics meets or exceeds grant goals each cycle. This position will work closely with community partners and NV Rides Steering Committee to maintain continuity of, and foster growth in, the coordinated hub for volunteer driver programs and their clients in need of rides. The NV Rides Manager will work with the Pozez JCC's Marketing and Communications Department to elevate and amplify the services that NV Rides and its partner agencies offer to the community. The NV Rides Manager will become a super user of the NV Rides software, Ride Scheduler, for input and reporting purposes. The NV Rides Manager will be responsible for developing, tracking and reporting program budget information to the grantors accurately and on time. All Pozez JCC staff members must be able to provide exceptional customer service at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate program development and implementation
- Work with partner agencies and funders on grant and budget development
- Collect data; submit reporting as required, including final evaluation of grant project.
- Work closely with participating community organizations to assure effective and efficient ride coordination
- Serve as a liaison between the participating community organizations and the steering committee.
- Oversee the relationships between the private and public partners and supporting organizations
- Assure availability and participating organizations' understanding of web-based logistics and database software to centralize information on transportation services in the community.
- Serve as the database manager
- Develop and implement an annual satisfaction survey of both volunteers and clients
- Promote the use of innovative approaches to address gaps in existing services and meet critical consumer needs in the community
- Respond to customer/client inquiries in a prompt and professional manner
- Submit detailed invoices for project reimbursement from funding sources
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or Business plus two years' relevant experience in managing a community service program preferred or any equivalent mix of skills, abilities, experience and education which would render a candidate suitable for this position
- All applicants must be able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner and have strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively with community partners from both the public and private sector, participating community organizations, volunteers and staff
- Must possess strong sense of timeliness in responding to calls and requests for information and rides
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set and manage multiple priorities and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability and willingness to learn and train others on a web-based database.
- Knowledge of community transportation options is preferred
- Must have own transportation and willingness to travel locally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Programs and ability to learn and use CRM/databases (Ride Scheduler and Salesforce)
45,000 - 55,000
The Pozez JCC of Northern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. The Pozez JCC is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels of the organization. We recognize the importance of not viewing individuals based on a single identity, and we thrive on being equitable in our recruitment process as well as in our efforts to be inclusive of all employees. We encourage all applicants regardless of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or other social identity.
The Pozez Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (Pozez JCC, the J) is a warm and welcoming, nonprofit, social service organization dedicated to offering quality programs, activities, and services that emphasize Jewish culture, identity, and values to people of all ages and backgrounds. Programming includes cultural, educational, wellness and Israel celebrations which take place on the main campus located in the heart of Fairfax County, as well as span five Northern Virginia counties.