Location and Job Title:
Administrative Assistant at JCC Brooklyn Windsor Terrace
Kings Bay YM-YWHA INC.
3495 Nostrand Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11229
- Provide general office supervision and assistance to the Site Director making sure everything runs smoothly and efficiently day-to-day.
- Greet and assist parents, community members, and other guests who enter the building, ensuring compliance with security procedures and visitor sign-in/out.
- Maintain and update filing and record-keeping systems, with particular focus on compliance with Articles 47 and 48 requirements for staff and students.
- Provide daily coverage in the after-care program (3:00-6:00 pm) as needed and be available for occasional/substitute daytime classroom coverage.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries about the school and JCC Brooklyn Summer Camp enrollment and tours.
- The primary point of contact for afternoon and weekend renter relationships [once those are reestablished], maintaining all communication about scheduling, payments, and room usage.
- Represent JCC Brooklyn at community events, school and camp fairs, and other promotional opportunities as needed.
- Marketing and Social Media- Assist with the recruitment and enrollment process by preparing informational packets for parent tours, posting about all JCC Brooklyn programs on social media, including but not limited to Facebook groups, io groups, JCC Brooklyn individual pages as well as on Instagram, plus distributing promotional materials to neighborhood locations. Creating marketing materials including flyers.
- Make sure the website is up to date.
- Oversee logistics arrangements for community holiday events including registration and promotion, ordering of food and supplies, hiring additional staff, and set-up/clean-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated bookkeeping/accounting competence
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Practice effective team behavior and demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships
- Google Drive applications, computers, and software applications including, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years experience in office management or equivalent position with similar responsibilities described above
- 2+ years of childcare experience
- College degree desired
JCC Brooklyn Windsor Terrace, a non-profit organization located in Windsor Terrace Brooklyn is in search of an Administrative Assistant, under the supervision of the Site Director who will contribute to the success of the organization by leading and demonstrating outstanding operations and the fulfillment of related job responsibilities.
Candidates must be accurate and methodical in handling and processing paperwork in an organized fashion, as well as capable of managing their own time efficiently.