Location and Job Title:
Special Needs Counselor for Sundays Program
Harold and Elaine Shames JCC on the Hudson
371 S Broadway
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Special Needs Counselor for UP on Sundays Program
UP on Sundays is a social and life skills learning program geared towards children, teens, and young adults on the autism spectrum or with related supportive needs.
Younger participants engage in entertaining, engaging, and intentional programming that encourages each participant to learn new skills, build self-confidence, enhance social skills and increase self-awareness and emotional expression.
Older participants, cultivate peer-to-peer relationships, participate in social justice experiences, and work on pre-vocational and life skills where each participant practices the necessary skill sets that encourage them to reach their most independent potentials.
- Attend all program dates, trainings, and meetings
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate understanding for different abilities
- Support and engage participants in all activities
- Ensure participants' safety
- HS diploma, bachelor degree preferred in subject area relating to social services, education, or developmental disabilities
- Preferred experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Able to participate in physically engaging activity
- A customer-service orientation to one's work, and an interest and ability to interface regularly with parents and/or caregivers.
- Interest in providing direct care service
- Must be available to work Sundays October through May, 10:30 am to 2:00 pm
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively with other staff to achieve programmatic goals
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Shames JCC on the Hudson is a welcoming, inclusive gathering place where we enrich the greater community by offering social, recreational, educations and culture opportunities guided by Jewish values.