Location and Job Title:
Director of Camping
JCC of Louisville
3600 Dutchmans Ln
Louisville, KY 40205
Looking for a dynamic Camp Director to help us take our established, highly regarded day camp to the next level as we open a new facility in early 2022. The Director of Camping will be responsible for oversight of all camping for children ages 5-11 and JCC teen camp programs (grades 6-12). The JCC Camp teaches children lifelong skills, fosters lifetime friendships, builds self-esteem, encourages campers to try new things and helps build community. The Director will serve as a mentor to young leaders who begin their work in our Jewish agency. The Director of Camping serves as the Director of the Louisville JCC's Day Camp. This is a full time Director position and will report to the Senior Director of Jewish Journeys and Experiences.
- Oversees Camp, and all Full Time and Part Time Camp Staff, including two Assistant Directors.
- Supervise all JCC Day Camp supervisors, counselors and staff.
- Work with Sr. Director of Jewish Journeys and Experiences to engage Jewish families and connect them to Jewish Louisville.
- Project and manage budget for camp.
- Recruit, hire and train JCC Day Camp staff and instructors.
- Staff the camp committee and run camp committee meetings.
- Provide leadership in developing and maintaining parent relationships and oversee customer service issues. Continue relationships in the off season.
- Develop and oversee all systems and procedures of registration and camp administration (paperwork, parent communication, carpool, registration and payment systems, etc.).
- Act as the liaison between JCC Day Camp Supervisors and other JCC departmental staff for schedule coordination and staffing issues.
- Plan and execute the JCC Camp staff orientation program.
- Monitor safety procedures as they pertain to the complete supervision of all campers and staff.
- Lead in providing an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the camp family.
- Evaluate camp seasons including inventory of equipment, staff evaluations, camper reports, and recommendations for the following season.
- Oversee vacation/schools day out and year-round camp recruitment programming for children and families.
- Coordinate JCC family Jewish holiday programs.
- Work with the JCC Marketing Department to develop marketing plans and materials to attract registrants for camp.
- Create and adhere to timetables for administrative, marketing, and recruitment tasks.
- On call for all programs and activities of the department.
All other duties as assigned.
45,000 - 55,000
Founded in 1890, the Jewish Community Center of Louisville (JCC) is a human service agency committed to enhancing the quality of family life and promoting the physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness of the individual. It provides health-related activities, cultural and educational programs that serve the community at large, including populations at risk. Membership and services are offered to the entire community. The JCC offers the following services: Health & Wellness; Senior Adult & Nutrition; Early Childhood, Youth & Camping; and Jewish Cultural & Performing Arts.
Please visit our website at https://jewishlouisville.org/the-j/