Location and Job Title:
Manager on Duty/Fitness Associate
Katie and Irwin Kahn Jewish Community Center
306 Flora Drive
Columbia, SC 29223
The Manager on Duty will assume the lead role in oversight of the JCC
during their assigned shift, including the fitness desk; fitness floor;
aquatics; gymnasium; group exercise rooms; and main lobby. This person will
monitor the facilities for safe and efficient operations for all members and
guests of the Kahn JCC.
The primary function for the Fitness Associate position is to positively interact with members, clean all machines, sweep/swiffer floors, keep fitness floor "picked up" & organized, keep inventory stocked and available for members, answer the phone and take messages for all fitness personnel, schedule appointments for personal trainers & massage therapists in CSI Scheduler software and will give building tours. These duties are not limited to the above description.
The ideal candidate to fill this dual position will be comfortable being the face of the organization. If you are someone who cares about people, loves building relationships, are reliable and great with soft skills. This is a perfect position for you!
- Able to work mornings and/or afternoons and some weekends
- Cares about people and building relationships
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- 2+ years customer service experience
- Personable with good customer service skills
- Able to work well with limited supervision
- Experience working at a front desk (preferred)
- Competent in the use of office software/Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with data base software and membership software of the equivalent
- Can demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Is organized and can manage and carryout multiple tasks and priorities
- Good command of the English language/other languages a plus
- Able to operate common office machines
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.; walk and/or stand for several hours at a time
The mission of the Katie & Irwin Kahn Jewish Community Center is to enhance quality of life by providing comprehensive programs based on Jewish values, traditions, heritage and culture. The Center aims to promote unity through these social, recreational, athletic, educational and cultural programs. We also strive to meet individual and communal needs in a way that promotes Jewish values and in turn nurtures, strengthens, enriches and unites the Jewish community and our community as a whole.