Location and Job Title:
Member Services Director
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
The Member Services Director is responsible for setting, directing and ultimately implementing plans and programs designed to enhance the acquisition, retention and satisfaction of The JCC of Greater Columbus' members, with the goal of increasing income from membership dues and program utilization. The Member Services Director assists guests, as well as new and existing members with equal priority, and ensures that recruitment, retention, customer service and customer satisfaction are of the highest quality. The Member Services Director generates excitement and interest in the J and in the community. S/he focuses on procedures that acquire new members and retain existing members.
- Knowledge and Education - Minimum Required or Preferred:Associate's Degree in related field required; BA/BS preferred.
- Experience - Minimum Required or Preferred: 3-5+ years' experience, with at least two being supervisory, in a similar position; extensive knowledge of, and love for, Jewish customs and culture.
- Special Skills: Strategic thinker, recruitment and retention strategies, collaborative, computer and internet proficient, experience with not-for-profit organizations, proficient with budgeting process, and motivational with ability to influence others. Experience with customer relationship management software preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Membership recruitment and retention projects:
- Strategy & Development
- JCC Community Representative
- Plan & coordinate joint community programs
- Serve as facilitator of Members' issues, concerns, questions & problems. Be responsive to member feedback within 24 hours
- Ability to meet targeted membership sales based on budget goals
- Work cooperatively with Fitness, Camping, Early Childhood, Children's, Arts & Culture and other JCC of Greater Columbus Departments
- Prepare and organize special events, open houses, etc. to bring prospective clients to the JCC of Greater Columbus.
- Retain current members through monthly membership appreciation events, excellent customer service, and creative programming
- Promote additional services, programs, and product sales to current and prospective members
- Staff Member Service committee and appropriate sub-committees in collaboration with CAO
- Coordinate & schedule staff coverage in Member Services Department
- Supervise Member Services' staff as well as Hospitality Coordinator
- Interview, hire, supervise, evaluate and terminate staff
- Ensure outstanding customer service throughout member services department
- Oversee Silver Sneakers membership program
- Work collaboratively with Fitness Department to increase participants' visits
- Collaborate with administrative staff to:
- Coordinate projects, billing, member follow up, employee member updates
- Coordinate membership needs with Front Desk to ensure the highest level of customer service
- Attend and engage in monthly Team J Leadership meetings
- Oversee Membership Scholarships Awards
- Review monthly billing letters and respond to member billing inquires
- Provide JCC executive staff with monthly statistics
- Oversee annual / as needed system rate changes
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.