You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Asst. Site Dir, Helen Diller Family Preschool
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
Assistant Site Director, Helen Diller Family Preschool
The Assistant Site Director assists the Preschool Site Director in managing the preschool in accordance with the JCCSF's vision for excellence in early childhood education. The Assistant Site Director supports the oversight of day-to-day operations of the preschool program, including family engagement, coaching and mentoring of educational staff, and coordination and oversight of services for children with Special Rights.
- Support the implementation of the Reggio Emilia-inspired and Jewish curricula in accordance with the mission, philosophy and goals of the Helen Diller Family Preschool.
- Collaborate with the Site Director to ensure health and safety practices as well as the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of children are maintained.
- Assist Site Director in implementing policies and procedures, addressing all program-related emergencies, and assuming oversight of the school in the absence of the Site Director
- Oversee all scheduling needs when staff are absent and ensure that coverage is maintained to meet the staff:child ratio needs throughout the day.
- Oversee all elements of coverage needs for the Extended Day Program(EDP).
- Manage all elements of diversity of learning that include social, cognitive, and behavioral concerns for children. This includes but is not limited to coordinating services, scheduling observations, facilitating meetings, referring families to outside services, and providing strategies for teachers.
- Plan curriculum, staffing and camp themes.
- Provide support, guidance, and feedback to ECE staff in their planning and implementing of the curriculum, organizational systems, and maintenance of the environment.
- Act as the direct supervisor for 30%-50% of the teaching staff.
- Work collaboratively with the Site Director to evaluate and mentor teachers, including assisting with Annual Staff Evaluations.
- Meet with teaching teams weekly to reflect, revisit, and analyze teaching practices and classroom experiences using teacher's documentation and children's work.
- Track team meetings by taking notes and maintaining a running record.
- Support staff by mentoring and observing areas of learning specific to individual teaching needs.
- Support staff in creating a high-quality environment by monitoring the classrooms and outdoor spaces, ensuring materials are rotated regularly, are appropriate and challenging for children, and are in line with our philosophy; and ensure documentation is changed regularly.
- Support teaching teams in conjunction with the mental health consultant regarding children's development and parental interactions by observing children, providing assistance and participating in child specific meetings as needed.
- Support new staff with their integration into the preschool.
Children and Families/Children with Special Rights
- In collaboration with the Site Director, schedule and facilitate meetings with families regarding written observations of their child's development and any support we can offer. This includes referrals to outside services.
- Maintain detailed records of children who have been observed in the classroom, have been referred, or are receiving outside services.
- Collaborate with Site Director and Studio & Nature Resource Teacher in creating staff meeting agendas and help facilitate staff meetings.
- Meet with the Site Director weekly to discuss any concerns or needs of the program.
- Assist Site Director in overseeing the content of ECE Online to ensure that each class is providing this communication for parents in a timely manner.
- Assist Site Director in leading preschool tours and Open House
- Assist site director with reviewing the Kindergarten recommendation letters.
- Handle all new hire paperwork for Licensing, as well as internal new hire paperwork for JCCSF HR processes.
- Review and approve biweekly payroll timecards, with support from department Administrator.
- Create Camp budget.
- Attend preschool events outside of regular hours.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- BA degree in Early Childhood or related field required; MA degree a plus.
- Minimum of 24 units in Early Childhood Education; must include four Administrative units (may be currently enrolled at time of hire)
- CA Site Supervisor Permit or higher preferred
- Minimum of 4 years' experience teaching in a Reggio Emilia-inspired preschool classroom.
- Knowledge of ages and stages of child development
- Proven strong, positive relationships with families and children.
- Some teacher training experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Salesforce, ADP?or similar HR/payroll platforms.
Work is conducted on-site in a school setting, with regular contact with staff, children, and families.
Seated or standing use of a computer. Some light lifting and carrying.
Benefited, exempt supervisory position
Full-time, full-year position. Monday - Friday, hours aligned with preschool schedule needs. Evening/weekend hours required for attendance at preschool events.
$75,000 - $85,000
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio).