Location and Job Title:
Welcome Desk Representative
Bonnie & Donald Dwares JCC of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island
401 Elmgrove Ave
Providence, RI 02906
The Welcome Desk Representative provides high levels of
customer service to our members and other guests at the Jewish Alliance of
Greater Rhode Island. As the first person that will interact with members and
guests, this position plays a critical role in creating a positive experience
for everyone entering the building. Candidates for the position must have
strong communications skills, a high level of energy, and an outgoing
personality that will put members and guests at ease.
- Greet all members and guests entering and leaving the Dwares JCC in a way that makes them feel welcome.
- Inform members and guests of the latest promotions, membership discounts, or special events taking place in the building.
- Answer all questions from members and guests, connecting them with the proper staff person if more detailed assistance and follow up is necessary.
- Possess a working knowledge of the group exercise and class schedules, as well as other schedule items that may come up on a given day.
- Provide members with towel service, including washing and folding towels.
- Understand and properly enforce all fitness center and building policies and procedures.
Facility and Membership Procedures
- Conduct opening and closing procedures for the building, when appropriate.
- Register new members and clients, entering accurate information into membership database, processing and receiving payments, and making any necessary changes to client information in the membership database.
- Document and handle inventory.
- Serve as the liaison between program managers and clients.
- Process payments, ensuring client information remains confidential.
- Assist members and guests with sign-in sheets.
- Perform tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrated experience with the Alliance's core values and a clear commitment to them.
- Strong customer service orientation with experience in a customer service role from previous jobs or volunteer opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of members and guests.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Database experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work opening shifts, which begin as early as 5AM.
- CPR/AED Certification required.
- Comfortable handling financial transactions involving cash or credit card processing.
The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island (the Alliance) serves to enrich the quality of life for Jews in Rhode Island, in Israel, and around the world. Today's Alliance is where the community comes together as one to develop responses to critical issues facing Rhode Island. We do this through philanthropy, education and wellness opportunities, community relations, and by convening agencies, synagogues, and organizations to address issues of common concern. Together, we translate Jewish tradition and values into action. All of our work is guided by our core values:
Tzedakah: upholding the Jewish traditions of righteous giving and justice.
L'dor v'dor: securing a future filled with Jewish tradition and heritage.
Tikkun Olam: repairing the world.
Hineni: standing with others so no one stands alone.
Klal Yisrael: supporting worldwide Judaism and the State of Israel.
Torah: pursuing knowledge and lifelong learning.