Location and Job Title:
STEM & Nature Specialist
JCC Princeton Mercer Bucks & Abrams Camps
148 Cedarville Road
East Windsor, NJ 08520
This position supports the work of the JCC Princeton Mercer Bucks & Abrams Camps, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through is to provide a safe, fun filled camp experience for youth and teens. Our highly trained and compassionate staff enables each camper to grow in an atmosphere, which promotes integrity, self-esteem, positive values, and good sportsmanship.
• Planning and executing 8 weeks of STEM & Nature programming.
•Engaging campers in our nature surroundings, discovering bugs & animals, becoming budding scientists and working with legos.
• Managing a group of approximately 12+ campers with the support of the group's staff.
• Instructing the groups on the rules and procedures of the area.
• High-energy, enthusiastic, creative, open-minded, ready for anything
• Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with JCC policies and procedures.
• Maintains effective, positive relationships with families, participants, and other staff.
• Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Grade or older and enjoys working with children
- Contributes to being a team player.
- Available June 27th-August 19th, 2022
- Background in STEM, Nature or relevant experience is a plus
- Good communication and organizational skills
- College student or grad preferred
- Competitive pay and tips
- All lunch & snacks included
- Staff t-shirts, outings and perks
- Networking opportunities for future career growth from the largest Jewish international non-profit agency
- 21st century skills in communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, and contribution that are critical for success in today's world are developed and practiced at camp daily.
Since 1911, the JCC has served as a welcoming hub for the community, dedicated to enhancing Jewish life for all ages through engaging social, cultural, recreational programs and services.The JCC Abrams Camps is located at a premier facility in East Windsor, NJ with outdoor pools and indoor buildings on a stunning shaded campsite. We are growing fast and hiring now AWESOME new staff members. Please click this link for our on-line application www.jccabramscamps.org/join-our-team visit our website at www.JCCAbramsCamps.org.
JCC Abrams Camps is a fun and safe environment for people of all race, religion and social backgrounds. We encourage everyone to apply for positions.