Location and Job Title:
Housekeeping/Janitorial Staff, Perlstein Retreat Center
JCC Chicago - Resident Camping Services - Camp Chi
P.O. Box 104
Lake Delton, WI 53940
Under direct supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor, the Housekeeping/Janitorial Staff is responsible for providing housekeeping/janitorial services in order to maintain the cleanliness, safety and attractiveness of the Camp Chi/Perlstein Retreat Center property in Lake Delton, WI.
Key Job Duties:
- Clean and maintain designated buildings including but not limited to routine mopping and sweeping of floors ensuring public areas are clean and have an orderly appearance.
- Clean areas not regularly cleaned, including windows, ceiling fans, buffing floors, etc.
- Ensure all bathhouses are fully and properly disinfected (including showers, toilets/urinals, mirrors, sinks and floors) a minimum of three times/day.
- Provide meticulous cleaning of each guestroom after check-out.
- Restock and supply bathrooms with toilet paper, tissues and other toiletries.
- Make sure linens are properly spotted and cleaned.
- Keep all linen storage rooms adequately supplied with clean linens and towels.
- Ensure laundry area is always clean and orderly in appearance.
- Listen to and attend to special guest requests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Meet the goals of production and ensure timely and proper set up for incoming groups.
- Gather inventory from staff of guest consumed items and ensure adequate supplies are available for replenishment.
- Order cleaning supplies and chemicals for replenishment of inventory.
- Assist with the picking up of trash on grounds to maintain a clean and orderly appearance.
- Proactively review the facilities, identify potential areas of concern (ie: presence of loose pieces of carpet or liquid spills that may develop as a fall hazard) and address immediately.
Approximately 30 hours/week with some extended hours and weekend work as needed; overtime is expected during summer camp
- High school or equivalent education required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous housekeeping experience required; previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated record of dependability and excellent work performance.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. Both English & Spanish skills preferred.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Positive attitude and ability to deal with wide variety of people.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experienced in scheduling and budgeting department according to occupancy.
- Knowledge of the correct use of equipment (i.e. vacuum cleaners, washing machines, dryers, pressure washer, floor buffer and scrubber).
- Knowledge of the proper use and safety standards of all chemicals and cleaning supplies.
- Must be attentive to surroundings, identifying problems and either correct the situation or notify maintenance before serious problems develop.
JCC Chicago is the largest JCC system in North America, with more than 800 staff in diverse locations across the metropolitan area.Our core program offerings include Early Childhood Education, Children, Teen and Family Engagement Programs, J at School, Sports & Recreation, Aquatics, Arts & Ideas, Day Camps and Overnight Camp.
JCC Chicago's Perlstein Retreat Center is located on twenty wooded, lakeside acres, in the Wisconsin Dells. Serene and spacious facilities offer a real retreat from the hustle and bustle of every day.
We are the perfect location for celebrating, working or playing. Our professional staff help coordinate special events and meetings, ensuring every event is unique and that our guest's gathering will be unforgettable. In addition to JCC Chicago's exciting Family Vacations, the Perlstein Retreat Center hosts:
- Corporate Retreats
- Religious Events for all faiths
- Student and Youth Groups
- Hobby, Craft & Adventure Groups
- Bar & Bat Mitzvahs
- Family Reunions, Anniversaries & Milestones
In a time of growth and innovation, we welcome you to join us in building your career, as we build a stronger community.