Location and Job Title:
Afterschool Program Teacher
JCC of San Francisco
3200 California St
San Francisco, CA 94118
Afterschool at the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco is now hiring a teacher!
Afterschool at the JCCSF is dedicated to inspiring and empowering young people in grades K-5 to utilize Jewish values in the flourishing of their potential. Afterschool Teachers are essential members of our educational team, collaborating with staff to plan a meaningful curriculum, implement powerful pedagogy in the classroom, and provide mentoring and support for all participants in the program.
- Prepare and submit age-appropriate and inclusive weekly lesson plans by the given deadline.
- Set up the classroom, work and play areas for up to fourteen students daily.
- Update bulletin board displays, and exhibits, with direction from managers.
- Organize and supervise games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental, and social development.
- Update online resources and send classroom email to parents weekly.
- Create a safe, joyful, and stimulating atmosphere for students.
- Foster consistent classroom work, play, clean-up routines, and behavioral expectations.
- Display developmentally appropriate child-adult interactions.
- Resolve behavioral problems with assistance from managers when necessary.
- Participate in teacher-parent conferences regarding students' progress or challenges.
- Take accurate attendance, and supervise children at all times.
- Prepare and distribute snacks, facilitate class dismissal, and supervise drive-thru pick-up of children.
- Facilitate swim time and swim with students on rotational basis.
- Plan field trips with the guidance of program managers.
- Keep medical supplies and children's records in a safe and accessible space.
- Learn and follow emergency procedures.
- Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings
- Monitor personal hygiene, health and psychological/emotional well-being of children.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least two years of experience successfully working with children.
- Minimum 12 units in Early Childhood Education or Child Development required and/or a degree in a related field preferred. Transcripts required.
- Ability to plan, be flexible, work with a team, and create activities on the spot.
This is a part-time position (25 hours/week) with a generous benefits package
Monday - Friday, 1:00pm to 6pm based on the regular San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) instructional calendar, with additional hours when available and approved.
Full days required on several SFUSD school closure days.
Additional hours required for family events include, but are not limited to: late-night duty, school early dismissal week hours, staff meetings, Shabbat Dinners, Showcases, and in-service trainings. A calendar will be provided.
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio) and welcomes more than 4,500 visitors through its doors daily.