Location and Job Title:
Human Resources & Compliance Coordinator
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
54 Nagle Ave
New York, NY 10040
The HR & Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for the onboarding process of full-time, part-time and temporary employees, including all legal and compliance requirements based on grant and contract conditions. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of government contract requirements, attention to detail, organizational skills, and communication skills.
- Maintain systems to onboard new Youth & Family staff members, ensuring all pre-employment requirements are met, including all regulatory background checks (OMH, OCFS, OPWDD, SCR, SCL, Justice Center, etc.), in compliance with DOH and DYCD standards;
- Prepare new hire files for input into payroll system, managing compliance paperwork;
- Distribute documents needed for a new hire;
- Complete all Y system-wide reporting and paperwork requirements in a timely manner, including payroll materials, tracking materials, employment paperwork, and others as needed;
- Ensure appropriate records and present and updated both at the agency and at external site files;
- Manage ongoing maintenance and retention of personnel files and other employee-related material to ensure the security of all confidential information, documents and files;
- Work with Program Directors in the Youth & Family Department to ensure training requirements and needs are met and tracked;
- Ensure hiring information is collected and processed by HR and payroll prior to the start of each program;
- Implement recruitment strategy to attract and retain top talent while maintaining cost effectiveness;
- Maintain an updated database of candidates for different positions.
- Experience in Human Resources;
- Successful track record organizing high volume material;
- Successful track record working collaboratively with management and junior staff;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Windows and Google environments;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and coach organization managers to do the same;
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or similar degree preferred;
- Experience with DOE licensed programs preferred;
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
45,000 - 55,000
Established in 1917 as one of the first Jewish community centers in New York City, the YM & YWHA of Washington Heights and Inwood (the Y) is a thriving and visionary not-for-profit human services organization in Northern Manhattan. We welcome people of diverse ethnicities and all ages, from pre-school to older adults, into the Y family with a wide range of educational, recreational and social services and programs that focus on improving the quality of their lives. With a long and distinguished history, the Y is a multi-service community center that is well known for its nurturing environment and non-judgmental philosophy.