Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Assistant Director
450 West Nyack Road
West Nyack, NY 10994
Please apply externally at https://jccrockland.org/
The Assistant Director works closely with the Director to oversee the day to day management and organization of the center. They model and instruct other adults in best practice, and provide information to parents regarding their children as well as general child development information. The Assistant Director needs to be skilled in handling difficult conversations with both parents and staff, and mediating Conflict Resolution. They maintain all child and employee safety, health and security regulations set forth by NYS and JCC Rockland.
Duties of Assistant Director include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging and Onboarding New/Prospective Families
- Set up/give tours
- Respond to any social media inquiries
- Follow up with families
- Onboarding new families
- Engaging and Communicating with Current Families
- Handle day to day communications with parents
- Discuss parent concerns, assist teachers in communications with parents
- Sick Children: Checking in when child absent, communicating with parents regarding policies, returning to school
- Managing and Engaging with Staff
- Onboarding new staff
- Handle day to day staff needs, communications
- Create Staff Schedules, manage staffing during the day
- Mediate Conflict Resolution between staff members
- Managing teachers PD--opportunities, signing up, tracking their hours
- Assist developing and programming staff meetings
- Staff early / late care, oversee when when needed
- Oversee and assist in creating individual classrooms curriculum
- Grade level meetings to ensure uniformity within grade levels & spiraling btwn
- Create and manage special programs/events to correlate to curriculum
- Oversee teachers lesson plans
- Shutterfly: Check consistency posting, content, etc.
- Manage childrens medications, paperwork before expiration dates, communicate with parents, manage paperwork in classrooms and main binder; MAT certified-administer meds
- Emergency Bags: Make sure stocked appropriately, not expired, working, etc.
- Organizing and managing supplies
Sub in Classroom When Needed
Attend staff meetings, JCC staff meetings
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Education with a concentration in Early Childhood.
3 Years Early Childhood Classroom Experience a Must.
JCC Rockland is dedicated to the enrichment and continuity of Jewish life and to the preservation and celebration of our rich heritage. The center shall strengthen individual awareness and connection to the Jewish community, the state of Israel, and the community at large through recreational, physical, educational, social, and cultural programs.