Location and Job Title:
Bender JCC of Greater Washington
6125 Montrose Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
- Serves as the customer service representative for program participants for program registration issues and special requests related to billing.
- Manages the monthly billing process for memberships, registrations, rentals and camp. This includes pre-billing preparations and reporting associated with the billing batches.
- Monitors declined transactions:
- Communicates membership declines to the Member and Guest Services Director.
- Follows-up with emails and phone calls as necessary for declines related to Preschool, Club J and other programs.
- Processes charge backs from credit card processors and NSF checks in Traction Rec.
- Watches for declines that did not fully process in the Traction Rec system and communicates the information to the Database Manager for follow-up.
- Updates records as appropriate including but not limited to phone numbers, e-mail addresses, mailing addresses, name corrections, credit card information, etc.
- Conducts ongoing review of outstanding balances with CFO and program staff to collect overdue payments.
- Enters payroll deductions into database.
- Prepares FSA statements as requested.
- Processes membership and program refunds.
- Processes adjustments in the database.
- Manages the Registrar Dashboard and resolves all requests within 7 business days. Requests may include but are not limited to:
- Entering class registrations into a database.
- Setting up payment schedules.
- Transferring an existing registration to a different session/program etc.
- Refunding membership fees and program tuition as approved by the program head.
- Assist program participants with the online registration portal to facilitate participants registering themselves for programs.
- Obtains and distributes registrations and donations from lockbox multiple times a day.
- Assists with distributing the mail including:
- Opening the mail to look for checks.
- Bringing any checks to the accounting office.
- Scanning copies of checks to the appropriate staff member.
- Assists with audit preparation as assigned.
- Assists with other database and accounting related functions as assigned.
- Assists with reports.
- Serves as backup for development gift entry.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned.
Physical requirements/ Working Conditions:
- Ability to walk through the Bender JCC building periodically to meet with program participants if requested and retrieve paper registrations.
- Ability to bend down.
- May not request PTO on the first two working days of the month due to the monthly registration and membership drafts.
- Expected to work each day that the auditors are in-house which is usually the 3rd or 4th week of July and the first two weeks of November.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- 2 years of database experience required; Familiarity with Salesforce preferred.
- Minimum of 2 Years of billing experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Excel and Word.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills with a customer service orientation.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to count money accurately.
Educational Degree(s), Professional Degree(s), or Certificate(s) Required:
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Knowledge of and respect for, the mission of the Bender JCC
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Bender JCC, including its Personnel Handbook, and to abide by them
35,000 - 45,000
About the Bender JCC:
For over 100 years, the Bender JCC of Greater Washington has been committed to a single mission: promoting and creating Jewish continuity, identity, and community in an atmosphere of warmth and meaning. That mission has been at the heart of all of our programs since our creation in 1913 and incorporation in 1923.
Diverse and vibrant, the Bender JCC community and Bender JCC membership is open to everyone of all religions, backgrounds, and walks of life, with comprehensive programs, facilities, and services that offer a natural gateway to Jewish life. The Bender JCC is an active member of the JCC Association, a network of more than 200 JCCs across North America, has received numerous awards for its innovative programming, and is nationally recognized for inclusionary programming for children, teens, and adults with special needs, including the award-winning Camp JCC.