Location and Job Title:
45 Haverford Rd
Wynnewood, PA 19096
The Kaiserman Jewish Community Center (Kaiserman JCC) is seeking an executive with strong leadership experience and personnel, facility, Board and fundraising management skills to serve as its next CEO. The new CEO will continue the JCC's 50-year history of providing exceptional programs and services in the areas of preschool, summer camp, sports & wellness, youth enrichment and Jewish arts & culture experiences.
The new CEO will manage the organization through this leadership transition, will build on the JCC's tradition of innovation and resiliency and will help create a strong and bright future for the JCC. The CEO must have a passion for the work of the JCC and must have the ability to lead/participate in the articulation of a vision for the Kaiserman JCC.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with the successful candidate's experience.
Under the guidance of the Board of Directors, the CEO will be responsible for managing the overall administration and operations of the JCC to include:
- Communicating a compelling vision for the Kaiserman JCC and operationalize that vision in ways that best serve the community.
- Demonstrating confidence and proficiency in managing a multi-faceted membership-driven organization under changing conditions.
- Deploying and managing human resources effectively and
- Hiring, training, and managing staff and volunteers and creating a work environment that encourages, attracts, and retains talent.
- Handling negotiations and contractual agreements with outside organizations.
- Leading all strategic planning efforts and completing related goals and objectives
- Ensuring the safety, security, maintenance and operation of all JCC facilities. Working in cooperation with camp partners on campus-wide management.
- Promoting a respectful and positive work environment.
- Overseeing preparation of budget and financial reports, and overall financial management of the agency
- Fundraising to include researching, grant writing, and collaborative efforts with Board members, community and volunteers to promote donor stewardship and increase overall funding.
- Maintaining a strong communications program to all constituents in the community, providing honest and transparent updates and messaging. Bringing greater awareness of the objectives, activities and benefits of working with, volunteering with, and donating to the Kaiserman JCC.
- Developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating all programs in partnership with JCC staff.
- Working to build and
develop the strongest possible relationship with the Jewish Federation of
Greater Philadelphia and other local religious and social service organizations.
- Understanding of the complexities of the Jewish community at home, in Israel and throughout the world.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in related field, Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of management experience to include a senior management role with a non-profit agency or related organization.
- Excellent communication, time management, and interpersonal and skills.
- Strong financial acuity and experience in financial management.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plan.
- Experience in fundraising, donor stewardship and grant writing.
- In depth knowledge of nonprofit governance and managerial best practices.
- Innovation mind-set that is focused on creative and agile problem-solving.
- Experience leading a diverse team of professionals.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills.
- Experience in and comfort with social media marketing platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Proficiency with office computer applications including Word and Excel and aptitude for learning new, JCC-specific programs.
- Ability to make, execute, and communicate difficult decisions.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
95,000 - 105,000
The Kaiserman JCC is located in Wynnewood, PA, in the heart of the Main Line. We are a vibrant Jewish Community, just a few miles from Center City Philadelphia. We are home to the award-winning Camp Kef summer day camp and one of the most respected preschool & kindergarten programs in the region.
The mission of the Kaiserman JCC is to ensure a welcoming and inclusive environment where Jewish values inspire excellent social, recreational, educational, cultural, and humanitarian activities that embrace our identity and connection to Israel. The JCC is committed to serving our entire community and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
Since 1971, the Kaiserman JCC has worked to build a vibrant, inclusive, and supportive Jewish community and enhancing and deepening the commitment to Jewish philanthropy. We have also worked with people and partners across the region to nurture Jewish life and learning, help those in need and build connections with Israel and Jews around the world.