Location and Job Title:
Job Developer for Opportunity Youth, WIOA Train & Earn Adult Workforce - Full Time
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Commonpoint Queens (Samuel Field YM&YWHA) Opportunity Youth- Adult Workforce Department is composed of employment and support programs serving individuals predominantly adults 18 and over and opportunity youth ages 16-24. The department provides access to occupational training, education, resources, and support programs for individuals who are motivated to enter the workforce.
Job Developer for the Opportunity Youth-WIOA Train & Earn contract is responsible for developing worksites to serve paid internship opportunities as well as securing job placement for participants in the program. In addition, the job developer will report to the Director of Workforce Development under the leadership of the Director of Train & Earn and Senior Director of Opportunity on all compliance responsibilities for the Workforce Development of Train & Earn.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Job Developer will:
- Develop strong working relationships with participants in order to help participants secure and maintain viable and long-lasting employment
- Complete comprehensive vocational assessment, and then vocational counseling and referrals to corresponding hard skills training
- Guide clients through all facets of job search, including resume revisions, online applications, mock interview sessions, and networking
- Achieve successfully enrollment of participants into internship, quarterly job placement of all cohors in various industries with a high focus on medical and allied health fields, and compliance with monthly retention targets
- Provide coaching and direct support to youth and adults with limited work history and educational attainment
- With the support of case manager, assist clients in developing appropriate social skills and work habits that will result in long term employment or career advancement opportunities
- Advocate on behalf of clients by directly, collaborating with agency staff and building strong relationships with local businesses and other community based organizations to develop job leads that cater to the interests and talent of the people on his/her caseload
- Complete comprehensive and sound reporting that includes building weekly trackings and reports, building client and employer database, quarterly retention trackers, ensure weekly data entry on funder's portals are completed by deadline dates as assigned.
- Work closely with Opportunity Youth to coordinate social services referrals and generate ideas to help clients achieve their education and employment goals
- Attend trainings and staff meetings, as required
- Complete weekly site visits to collect timesheets and ensure participants are having a positive job experience
- Able to collaborate with employees in a team setting
- Able to begin work or undertake project on own initiative
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's degree in human services or a related field required. Masters preferred
- 3+ years of years relevant experience in workforce development, recruiting, human resources preferred with opportunity youth
- Sensitivity towards, and ability to, work with diverse individuals including, but not limited to, immigrants, young adults, single parents, English language learners and other to low-income, high-barrier to employment population
- Demonstrated experience working in a goal-driven environment to achieve monthly targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills required, ability to effectively conduct meetings, trainings, groups preferred
- Experienced working with MS Office, primarily Excel, Word and PPT, knowledgeable in Google applications, primarily in Sheets, Docs, and Slides. Proficient in Computer navigation as well as PDF.
- Experienced working with DYCD-Workforce contract and databases PTS, YEPS, Salesforce preferred.
To apply: send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.