You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Assistant Infant Care Teacher
Westside Jewish Community Center
5870 West Olympic Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90036
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Cindy Stansbury at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Westside JCC's Early Childhood Center (ECC), a community-based school with Jewish values at its core recently opened a NEW Infant Care Center (ICC) for 18 infants and toddlers.
The ECC supports the community in which it sits and, as such, our educators are supported as they take their students on journeys to explore concepts such as kindness, equity, social justice and more! Come work in a school that is supported by four pillars: Heart - a warm, welcoming, and diverse community that cares about its families; Standards - experienced, nurturing teachers who use play and artbased curriculum to inspire development; Flexibility - flexible hours and a variety of schedules to meet our families where they are; Jewish - we are proudly guided by Jewish values and open to all.
Westside JCC ICC is looking for energetic, open-minded assistant teachers to help foster curiosity, exploration, and respect with young children. We need assistant teachers to support our teachers and infants through participate actively in a team based on ideals of our four pillars: Heart, Standards, Flexibility and Jewish. Candidates should love working with children and believe that infants and toddlers are competent individuals worthy of a loving, engaging environment. Judaic values and traditions are incorporated into everyday learning. Westside JCC ICC can provide you the opportunity to dramatically impact the lives of young children and families while you to grow into the teacher you want to be. We provide many professional development opportunities for teachers to learn and grow. Responsibilities and Duties
- Interacting and connecting with children, families, and Westside JCC partners in ways that support strong relationships, respect, and collaboration.
- Working in a team to maintain a healthy, safe, and engaging classroom environment, develop curriculum and care for a group of 12-18 infants/toddlers.
- Supporting a rich play-based curriculum based in Judaic values and traditions and a strong view of children as learners and thinkers.
- Approaching conflicts as opportunities to learn and coaching children to be problem solvers.
- Preferred: Have 12 semester units of early childhood education, or 6 completed semester units of early child education course work and be enrolled with the objective of obtaining 12 completed units.
- Have current TB clearance (at least 1 year from hire)
- Be able to pass the DOJ, FBI and Child Abuse Index fingerprint clearance.
- Ability to lift children between 10-40 lbs on a regular basis
- At least 1-2 years of experience working with young children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
$35,000 - $45,000
Founded in 1954, Westside Jewish Community Center's (Westside JCC) mission is to build community based on Jewish values by creating opportunities for gathering and learning. Westside JCC reaches out to all Jews and the greater community by offering stimulating and innovative educational, social, cultural, recreational, and communal programs and activities fostering a strong connection to Israel. Westside JCC aspires to offer programming that provides meaning and purpose to Jewish values, and space that creates a sense of belonging for everyone it touches.
Westside JCC serves the Jewish and broader community in our neighborhood and Los Angeles. Our flagship programs are our outstanding Early Childhood Center, our growing year-round day camp program JCamp and our teen leadership and sports programs, Diller Teen Fellows and Maccabi. Other programs include our aquatics center with 2,450 swim lessons weekly, senior wellness programming, parent and me programming, fitness classes, programs for individuals with special needs and youth sports leagues..
Westside JCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunity and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. To learn more about Westside JCC, find us on the web at westsidejcc.org