Location and Job Title:
Cherryvale Sports Specialist
6007 Oreg Avenue
Boulder, CO 80303
Organization: Boulder Jewish Community Center [Boulder JCC]
Job Title: Cherryvale Sports Specialist, 40 hours/week, seasonal May 26-August 14
Department: Cherryvale Day Camp; Reports to the Cherryvale Day Camp Program Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
40 hours/week, seasonal May 26-August 14
Grow and improve the Sport Program
- Work with the Program Director prior to the start of summer to start planning programs.
- Make recommendations for sport equipment, supplies, and programs.
Oversee and implement the camp sport programming
- Carry out programs that will engage and teach campers of various ages and needs about sports and good sportsmanship.
- Prepare and implement the elective programs as well as bunk programs.
- Responsible for the set up and clean-up of sports fields and all projects in that area
Bring sports into other areas of camp life
- Organize projects that support the theme of each camp week
- Organize and implement the Cherryvale Sports League
Supervise area and ensure that campers are being safe and properly instructed
- Enforce all rules and policies at camp, within the specialty area and camp as a whole
- Manage the sport budget and purchase items as needed with the help of the Program Director
Help out in other areas of camp as needed
- Programming background in a variety of different sports
- High School Graduate or equivalent and must be over the age of 18.
- Desire and ability to teach sport skills to children with various backgrounds and abilities
- Desire and ability to work with children and teach them Jewish values
- Ability to accept supervision, guidance and act as a positive role model to inspire children and staff
ABOUT THE BOULDER JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER
The Boulder Jewish Community Center's [Boulder JCC] mission is to provide programs and services based in Jewish values and traditions in a place where people of all ages and backgrounds gather to connect, exchange ideas, learn, and grow. The Boulder JCC is recognized for its innovative approaches to community engagement with the next generation and families through meaningful experiences and philanthropy.
In 2016, the Boulder JCC completed building its new 52,000 square foot facility sitting on a beautiful 10-acre campus in East Boulder. As a community convener and one of the central addresses of Jewish life in Boulder County and beyond, the Boulder JCC prides itself on offering a wide array of community programming including one of the best Boulder preschools, day camps, after school classes, and arts and culture programs and serves infants, toddlers, youth, families, teens, young adults, and adults. The new Boulder JCC further fulfills its mission by being a primary destination for all of Boulder County as a place for meetings, celebrations, fundraisers, and other community events.
The staff at the Boulder JCC is hard working, collaborative, passionate, and committed to mission. The team is driven by a desire to serve the community broadly and deeply. The organization continually strives to improve its delivery of content and services with a focus on its values. The Boulder JCC endeavors to hire individuals who are committed to the JCC's values, believe in the power of community, and want to help grow a dynamic organization.