Location and Job Title:
Camp Hilbert Counselor
5403 Monument Ave
Richmond, VA 23226
Calling all goofballs! Attention all free-spirits! Seeking all adventurers! At Camp Hilbert our staff help create an awesome summer experience for our wonderful campers. Walk away with countless memories, great new friends and stories to last a lifetime! It's the summer, why not love your job?
Camp Hilbert has been the home of happy campers since 1947! Nestled in the heart of Goochland County, Camp Hilbert offers a classic day-camp experience, that allows campers to explore the outdoors, develop skills, and forge lifelong friendships. Campers in grades K-8 participate in a variety of activities from swimming and athletics to archery and canoeing. Group counselor daily responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Direct responsibility for all campers in your group to include: day-to-day involvement with campers as individuals; imparting Camp rules, policies and traditions; helping every camper make friends, become acclimated to life at Camp, grow towards his or her potential, and becoming part of the community
- Ensuring the health, safety and happiness of campers at all times!
- Helping campers keep track of belongings
- Maintaining a clean Camp and taking care of Camp equipment as well as engaging campers in this process
- Participating enthusiastically in all Camp programs
- Assisting Specialists with program and activity facilitation; planning and leading downtime activities to include free periods and plans for inclement weather,
- Other duties as assigned by Unit Head, Assistant Director and Director
We want you to help us build a legacy that will be felt far into the future, and memories to last a lifetime. A camp is only as good as its staff, and you will be an essential ingredient in making this summer memorable. We are looking for kind, responsible, and hardworking people who will help us SHINE in 2019! Working at summer camp is demanding, with long hours and high intensity. The rewards are great - the joy of helping a child, the beauty of working in nature, and the excitement and fun of being a part of a hilarious, energetic team. Working at Camp Hilbert is an experience that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Camp Hilbert runs Monday-Friday from June 17th-August 9th (no camp July 4th). from approximately 8:45 am to 5:00 pm with the opportunity to pick up additional hours before and after the Camp day. All our Camp staff participate in approximately 25 hours of training prior to the start of our Camp. All Staff members are required to have a current CPR/First Aid Certification. There will be several opportunities for staff members to become CPR/First Aid certified, free of charge, at the JCC before the start of the camp season.
Perks to Working at Weinstein JCC Summer Camps!
- We offer FREE transportation for Hilbert staff to and from the Weinstein JCC.
- Build fantastic skills to add to your resume, including: leadership, communication, collaboration, problem solving and critical thinking, and creativity
- Opportunities for free certifications such as CPR/First Aid
- Free JCC Membership (pool, gym, hot tub, sauna, etc.)
- Full time, seasonal employment
- Opportunities to pick up additional hours, and for future employment
- You get to avoid those mundane "desk jobs" and have fun while you work!
Must love kids!
Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Must be eligible to work in the United States
CPR/First Aid Certification - opportunities for free certification available
The mission of the Carole and Marcus Weinstein Jewish Community Center is to strengthen Jewish identity and continuity by enriching personal, cultural, social and physical development, by fostering leadership and by promoting the welfare of the Jewish community and the community as a whole.
The Weinstein JCC is dedicated to the spiritual, cultural and ethical values of Judaism, and provides a haven for Jews and non-Jews alike to gather and foster fellowship among all people.
We are dedicated to the well-being of people of all ages and faiths, and are aware that the needs of our membership include individuals, their families and the greater Richmond community.
The Weinstein JCC strives to maintain the highest standards of programming, and offers classes, services and events that are contemporary and effective, yet grounded in traditional Judaic values.