Location and Job Title:
Westside Jewish Community Center
5870 West Olympic Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90036
The Westside JCC's Early Childhood Center, a community-based school with Jewish values at its core, is currently seeking a dynamic and innovative Assistant Teacher to join our team! Within this school of 85 students and growing, teachers are encouraged to get creative as they help their students to explore their world through play-based learning. The ECC supports the community in which it sits and, as such, our educators are supported as they take their students on journeys to explore concepts such as kindness, equity, social justice and more! Come work in a school that is supported by four pillars: Heart - a warm, welcoming, and diverse community that cares about its families; Standards - experienced, nurturing teachers who use play and art-based curriculum to inspire development; Flexibility - flexible hours and a variety of schedules to meet our families where they are; Jewish - we are proudly guided by Jewish values and open to all.
Assistant Teachers report to the Director of Early Childhood Education and work in collaboration and at the direction of Teachers. The position is full time hourly non-exempt, with potential to join AFSCME, AFL0-CIO, Local 800 union and benefits associated with union membership. The effective candidate will be a team player with excellent communication skills who strives to engage directly with preschoolers and support their creative play.
- Assist and support Lead Teachers;
- Support the play and creativity of the children;
- Be responsible for the needs of the children, your fellow staff members and yourself;
- Be safety conscious at all times;
- Provide fellow staff members with your support;
- Maintain strong lines of communication with all other staff members;
- Adhere to ECC behavior guideline;
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Have an outgoing and playful personality;
- Maintain proper decorum;
- Be an exemplary role model
- Be actively engaged with children, as opposed to just watching them;
- Be on time and participate in all assigned activities;
- Dress appropriately for activities, at all times adhering to the ECC dress code.
- Preferred: Have 12 semester units of early childhood education, or 6 completed semester units of early child education course work and be enrolled with the objective of obtaining 12 completed units.
- Have current TB clearance (at least 1 year from hire) Be able to pass the DOJ, FBI and Child Abuse Index fingerprint clearance. Ability to lift children between 10-40 lbs on a regular basis
- At least 1-2 years of experience working with young children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
25,000 - 35,000
Founded in 1954, Westside Jewish Community Center's (Westside JCC) mission is to build community based on Jewish values by creating opportunities for gathering and learning. Westside JCC reaches out to all Jews and the greater community by offering stimulating and innovative educational, social, cultural, recreational, and communal programs and activities fostering a strong connection to Israel. Westside JCC aspires to offer programming that provides meaning and purpose to Jewish values, and space that creates a sense of belonging for everyone it touches.
Westside JCC serves the Jewish and broader community in our neighborhood and Los Angeles. Our flagship programs are our outstanding Early Childhood Center (ECC), our growing year-round day camp program JCamp and our teen leadership and sports programs, Diller Teen Fellows and Maccabi. Other programs include our aquatics center with 2,450 swim lessons weekly, senior wellness programming, parent and me programming, fitness classes, programs for individuals with special needs and youth sports leagues.
Interested applicants please email your r?sum? with a cover letter describing your qualifications ECEjobs@westsideJCC.org. Please use "Assistant Teacher" as the subject line. No phone calls please; we will contact qualified candidates to set up interviews. Position will remain open until the staffing need is met and may close without advance notice.
Westside JCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunity and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
To learn more about Westside JCC, find us on the web at westsidejcc.org