Location and Job Title:
Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan
334 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10023
The Marketing Manager is responsible for increasing awareness of, driving traffic to, and adding value to the JCC and its offerings by translating program goals into effective marketing communications. The position oversees marketing of our school-age (4-10 years) and after-school children's programs, and works as needed on other Family Life program areas (including camp, nursery school, parenting, and infants & young children programs). Note: this position will be virtual for the time being.
- Develop seasonal program marketing strategy, including detailed plans and timelines for program areas/accounts in collaboration with program directors.
- Work closely with Senior Directors of Marketing to support, publicize, and facilitate special projects, ongoing classes, and events.
- Conduct outreach to partner organizations for specific events and programs.
- Manage budgets and closely track expenditures on accounts.
- Oversee development of internal and external print and electronic marketing materials??, including e-mail, posters, and flyers; as well as print and digital advertising (outdoor, email, web, paid & organic social media, Google Adwords)
- Work in close collaboration with internal design team and freelance designer
- Oversee web page content for program accounts, and maintain area's digital content library
- Track and analyze effectiveness of marketing strategies via Google Analytics and other metrics.
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others, both in the marketing department and other areas of the JCC
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Meticulously organized self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to write creative and effective marketing copy under deadline
- Ability to multi-task effectively under pressure
- Sales acumen
- Fiscally minded, able to manage and maintain multiple budgets
- Ability to analyze/interpret data from campaign results to set (and reset) priorities, and pivoting on strategy as needed
- Creative marketing instinct, with a critical and discerning eye towards messaging and design
- Out-of-the-box thinker and doer
- Sense of humor essential
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum two years' post-collegiate experience, specifically in marketing/ communications account management at a nonprofit and/or in-house at a company or agency environment
Pluses: likes kids! Has knowledge of NYC/UWS market for children's programming and marketing opportunities therein, and interest in and/or experience marketing to children and families.
Please include cover letter, resume, and salary requirements in your application.
45,000 - 55,000
Together with our community, the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan creates opportunities for people to connect, grow, and learn within an ever-changing Jewish landscape. The JCC imagines Jewish life that is diverse and engages meaningfully with its values, culture, and ideas in everyday lives.