Location and Job Title:
Director, Early Childhood Center
Mid-Island Y JCC
45 Manetto Hill Rd
Plainview, NY 11803
The Mid-Island Y JCC is looking for a Director of the Early Childhood Center to manage our theme-based learning program.
We offer a competitive salary with a top tier benefits package. Employees at the Mid-Island Y JCC receive a pension plan, medical insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, 403b plan, flexible hours and holiday pay. We also offer a generous amount of vacation, sick and personal time. Free membership and access to our fitness center and Olympic size swimming pool are also just a few of the other perks for all employees.
Everything we do in the Early Childhood Department supports the mission of our center and in turn makes an impact on the community we are proud to be a part of.
The Director of the Early Childhood Center (ECC) is a fulltime, year-round professional position. The Director of the ECC is responsible for providing overall professional planning, leadership, supervision, and management of the Early Childhood Center.
- Model and promote the organizations mission, values, and guiding principles through appropriate appearance, words, and actions; and comply with the organizations policies and procedures.
- Engage in opportunities to positively interact with members leading to a positive member experience.
Licensing and Regulations:
- Operates the Early Childhood Center in a manner that meets all NYS OCFS and Department of Health regulations.
- Submit all documentation required by NYS OCFS to ensure that the Center always meets all regulations.
- Coordinate and conduct monthly fire drills, and biannual shelter in place drills.
Parent and Family Relations:
- Foster an environment that feels welcoming and promotes a sense of belonging and community
- Be available as a resource for consultation and guidance regarding parenting, child development and education
- Maintain clear and open communication, including daily interactions, emails, contribution to monthly newsletter, website communications and oversight of all teacher-parent communications
- Recruit new families.
Program and Environment:
- Select and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum for all age groups.
- Plan yearly calendar in accordance with agency closings.
- Recruit, interview, hire & supervise ECC teachers and support staff
- Supervise ECC administrative and office staff
- Train teachers in the ECC curriculum and ensure that it is being followed appropriately
- Provide staff trainings as required by NYS OCFS regulations
- Approve staff leave time
- Provide staff with ongoing feedback on their performance
- Write teacher bi-annual performance reviews
- Meet with each staff member annually to discuss reviews and plan goals
- Provide staff with assistance with children as needed
- Hold staff meetings on a regular basis
- Conduct New Staff Orientation
- Observe classrooms on a regular basis
Second Home Daycare:
- Supervise Second Home Daycare program
- Work with Second Home Daycare Staff to ensure the program meets all NY OCFS Regulations
- Develop and monitor annual budget throughout the year
- Prepare purchase orders, check requests, room requests, and other forms as required.
- Oversee fundraising events
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full-time position. 40 hours per week. Requires periodic evenings and weekends.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Caitlin Rodney at CRodney@miyjcc.org
Required Education and Experience
Masters Degree in Education and three years relevant experience and skills.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be organized, detail orientated and able to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic overall knowledge of Microsoft Office software with proficiency demonstrated in specific programs deemed critical to achieving performance goals.
- Excellent writing skills and verbal communication.
- Ability to prepare, revise and design program.
- Must be able to be part of a team.
- Experience supervising a large staff. Remain certified in CPR/AED, MAT and RTE; plan and attend in-service trainings.
The Mid-Island Y JCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
$65,000 - $75,000
The Mid-Island Y Jewish Community Center was founded in 1956 to serve Nassau and Western Suffolk counties. More than 12,000 members and patrons benefit from the human services we provide. For more than 50 years, we have been teaching the young, caring for the aged, counseling the bereaved and providing social, cultural, educational and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, faiths and backgrounds. The Mid-Island Y JCC is a UJA-Federation agency and is affiliated with United Way and the JCC Association of North America.