Location and Job Title:
Fitness Center Attendant (Part-Time/Weekends)
760 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
JCC MetroWest in West Orange, NJ is seeking a Fitness Center Attendant to oversee and assist in supervising all fitness areas of our Fitness Center.
As a Fitness Attendant you will:
- Provide customer service through interacting with members, assisting with spotting, educating members on how to use the equipment and answering questions.
- Ensure the fitness areas (fitness floor, group exercise studios, personal training studios, outdoor studio) remain clean and organized by alerting the JCC housekeeping team if areas need cleaning, organizing the dumbbells, free weights, bars and accessories, and disinfecting/cleaning fitness equipment.
- Actively supervise the fitness floor and engage with members.
- Restock equipment cleaning supplies.
- Ensure all equipment is in working order by properly identifying all equipment maintenance issues, reporting and logging the issue.
- Ensure fitness areas are comfortable and set up according to set standards including temperature, music and TV settings.
- Serve as a first responder in emergency situations and follow emergency protocols set by the JCC.
- Act in a professional manner by upholding JCC policy when involved in conflict management with members and staff.
- Perform opening/closing procedures for fitness center.
- Serve as Manager on Duty as scheduled.
- Attend mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- AED and First Aid certified
- Prior experience working in a fitness center preferred
- Ability to lift minimum of 50 lbs and stand for extended periods of time (3 or more hours)
- Extremely personable, professional, self-motivated and team oriented
- Ability to follow policies and procedures, arrive prepared and on time for work
- Ability to provide superior customer service through all interactions
- All employees of JCC MetroWest are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Qualified candidates should email your cover letter and resume to the attention of General Manager Pamella Bitner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Welcome to Your JCC!
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs.
Our main facility, the Leon & Toby Cooperman JCC, located in West Orange, NJ, and our 20-acre day-camp, Camp Deeny Riback, located in Flanders, NJ serve the Jewish communities west of NYC, including Essex, Morris, and Union counties.