Location and Job Title:
Fitness Operations Supervisor
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
PAY RATE/STATUS: $58,240.00+ annually DOE / Full-Time, Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Sports, Fitness & Aquatics, the Fitness Operations Supervisor is responsible for a variety of tasks including program design, implementation and management, supervision, leadership and strategic development to achieve the objectives of the fitness department at the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center. The Fitness Operations Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing a team consisting of 20+ fitness professionals, and will provide personal training, small group training and specialty programs.
- Minimum 2 years Personal Training experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Possess and maintain a current personal training certification from a nationally recognized organization such as ACE, NASM, ISSA, AFAA, NFPT, NETA, ACSM etc.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications must stay current.
- Specialty certifications in chronic conditions such as arthritis, cancer, diabetes, women's health etc preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- Self-motivated and passionate.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Dependable, patient, friendly, cheerful, and professional.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Possesses a passion for fitness and strong drive for success.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, and bending.
- Must be physically fit to the level of demonstrating the movements and assisting clients and members.
- Ability to physically perform CPR.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 40 lbs. (training equipment, weights, etc.) as required.
55,000 - 65,000
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.