Location and Job Title:
Camp Grossman Business Coordinator
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
The JCC Greater Boston is seeking someone with the drive and talent to build and manage high functioning systems which are the foundation of creating wonderful memories for children and teens. The person we seek works exceptionally well both as part of a team and independently. He/she/they are highly effective jugglers who see the big picture and ensure the details are handled with professionalism and timeliness. The position calls for someone who reflects the camp culture of an upbeat, results-oriented, fun and collaborative environment.
The Camp Grossman Business Coordinator works closely with camp families, colleagues and vendors to orchestrate and execute thousands of details which collectively create a seamless, well run camp. Camp Grossman is a vibrant Jewish day camp which welcomes campers and staff from diverse religious, racial, cultural, ethnic and LBGTQ backgrounds. The camp has provided thousands of campers with joy and new skills for over 40 years.
He/she/they are responsible for managing key Camp processes including, but not limited to:
- financial aid including working in partnership with both camp families and partners at other agencies
- coordinating transportation planning and oversight (daily buses to/from camp and special trips)
- accounts payable
- data collection, management and reporting
- in partnership with Human Resources, handles payroll needs and staff documentation including contracts, CORI/SORI (background checks), payroll forms (some will be electronic)
- works with all members of the Grossman Team, actively participating in team meetings and brainstorming sessions
- with the camping team, staffs 5-6 Open Houses or Camp Fairs, held on weekends and/or evenings and lasting 3-4 hours each
- actively participates as a member of the JCC Greater Boston team. Supports JCC Greater Boston policies, goals and initiatives.
- assists Camp Director and Office Manager with tasks, as needed
The requirements and location of this position fluctuate. During the "off season" (from now until April) the job is 20-30 hours per week and can be mostly remote. During the summer the position will be full time on-site in Dover, MA.
The Business Coordinator should have:
- strong service and results orientation - going the extra mile in providing outstanding service
- the ability to coordinate and track multiple parallel priorities, some under time pressure
- Microsoft software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and able to quickly learn internal software used to track camper and employee information
- skill working with numbers and other data
- a personal presence which reflects the camp culture of an upbeat, results-oriented, fun and collaborative environment
- ability to build strong, productive relationships with parents, colleagues, vendors and partner agencies
- flexibility - camp needs evolve and willingness/ability to adapt is key
- able to work both independently and as part of a team, asking questions, as needed
- familiar with summer camps, potentially through previous experience as a
staff member or as a parent of a camper
- college education preferred
- office experience preferred
- must be willing and able to adhere to COVID protocols (e.g. masking, social distancing and others as required by protocols)
- must be able to work at the camping offices, in Newton, as required (minimal in-person requirements through Spring 2021)
- must be able to work on site in Dover for the extended camping season (May - early September)
- must be able to staff camp fairs and events, interacting with participants
To apply, please send cover letter and resume, to CampGrossmanjobs@jccgb.org
ABOUT JCC GREATER BOSTON
JCC Greater Boston is dedicated to advancing the aspirations of families and individuals to enrich their lives, bodies and sprits, by providing the best in contemporary programs and experiences informed by Jewish values, for today's Jews and the people in their lives. As an organization, we welcome staff diversity and recognize the unique contributions of each individual.