Location and Job Title:
Event Staff, Public Programs
JCC of San Francisco
3200 California St
San Francisco, CA 94118
The Public Programs Event Staff is responsible for supporting JCCSF program initiatives related to holiday, Public Programs and A&I programs. Events range in size and structure from large scale, multi-generational programs to single lectures and performances. Events are held onsite at JCCSF and offsite in neighborhoods around the Bay Area.
- Work in close collaboration with other JCCSF staff to implement programs.
- Integrate JCCSF values and priorities into public programs
- Serve as front-facing staff at events, exhibiting excellent customer service, making real-time decisions and representing programs to public participants.
- Community engagement and activity facilitation at JCCSF events hosted onsite and offsite
- Tracking, ordering, set-up, take-down and service for bars at A&I events
- Experience working in customer-facing environments
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and holidays
- A warm, engaging demeanor with strong customer service experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to work in an environment that honors pluralism and multiculturalism.
- Physical demands - Able to carry and move objects up to 20 lbs.
HOURS: 5 - 10 hours/week. Shifts and weekly times vary. Weekend and evening hours are required.
STATUS: Non-benefited, Non-Exempt,
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio) and welcomes more than 4,500 visitors through its doors daily.