Location and Job Title:
Swim Instructor - Part Time
5625 Arlington Ave
Bronx, NY 10471
Responsible for planning, coordinating and teaching learn-to-swim and water safety courses
- Provides competent, safe instruction using recognized lead-up skills as established by American Red Cross
- Plans and effectively organizes class time for maximum practice. This is accomplished through weekly lesson plans.
- Teaches with encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Facilitates the certification process with the swim lesson supervisors.
- Promotes good public relations by talking with parents before and after class, not during.
- Dresses appropriately for all classes.
- Turns in required paperwork.
- Maintains current WSI certification
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Ability to instruct swimming lessons
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Strong swim skills
- Knowledge of American Red Cross Learn to swim curriculum
- Available to work Sundays and weekday afternoons
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to lead and motivate staff
- Experience in public facility management
- Ability to communicate with all kinds of students of all ages
The Riverdale Y is a 75,000 sq. ft. Jewish Community Center that provides educational, recreational, cultural, and wellness programs for children and adults of all ages and backgrounds. The Y features an early childhood center; summer camps; large after school program; senior center; performing arts center featuring theater, dance and music schools; and a health & wellness center that includes cardio and free weight studios, group exercise classes, gymnasium, swimming pool, steam room, sauna and massage therapy.
For more information, please visit https://www.riverdaley.org/about-us/jobs/