Location and Job Title:
Director of Information Technology
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Organization: Commonpoint Queens
Desired Start Date: ASAP
The Director will report to headquarters in Little Neck, Queens, periodically reporting to other Commonpoint locations in Queens and Long Island.
About Commonpoint Queens
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi-service agency with a flagship site in Little Neck and 54 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 50,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability. Our agency offers a vast array of services including older adults, workforce development, food pantry, camps, mental health clinic, health and wellness, youth education including programs with developmental disabilities.
About the Job Opportunity
The Director of Information Technology plays a key leadership role at Commonpoint Queens, supporting over 450 staff members across multiple locations in the greater New York metro area. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, you'll work collaboratively with the heads of Program, Finance and Advancement to spearhead technology initiatives to support operations and program delivery across the entire organization. You will also be responsible for managing the Commonpoint Queens tech team, consisting of staff and vendors, as well as selecting, implementing and supporting best-in-class systems while ensuring Commonpoint Queens technology fully supports its mission.
What You'll Do
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for the following, in addition to any other projects as assigned by their manager, the Vice President of Operations:
Devise the technology strategy
- Develop and oversee technology goals and metrics and coordinate development roadmap, budget, and timelines supporting the creation of an annual technology plan. Part of this plan may include:
- Evaluating software and hardware products for acquisition and overseeing all information technology acquisitions and maintenance agreements.
- Developing relationships with external technology vendors to learn about the latest product offerings and services available to Commonpoint Queens.
- Directing the selection, implementation and maintenance of hardware, software and systems to meet the organization's information and workflow needs.
- Analyzing ongoing IT needs and plan for the replacement of legacy products.
- Auditing and reviewing systems and practices to ensure compliance with procedures, regulations, and standards.
- Ensure technical activities are in strategic alignment with the program and organization goals.
- Implement consistent tracking, management, and analysis of data on projects and programs in support of the Program and Advancement teams.
Lead the technology team
- Build healthy collaboration and accountability across a mix of full-time, part-time, vendor and contractor team members.
Maintain and improve technical services and support for personnel
- Maintain regulatory, data security, and cybersecurity requirements set by funders and partners.
- Ensure responsive day to day support for all information technology hardware and software systems.
- Establish and document information technology policies, standards, procedures, and inventory for the organization to support effective operations
- Develop and maintain business continuity plans to ensure timely and effective restoration of data and information technology services in the event of disruptions.
Who You Are
- You're a human-centered technologist - You know that technology is nothing without the people it serves. You're thoughtful about the way your systems can empower people as well as how they might inadvertently cause disruption or even harm.
- You design for today and tomorrow - You're always thinking of others now and in the future. You keep abreast of the latest technology so you can identify opportunities for improvements and anticipate trends.
- You get stuff done. This role demands thoughtfulness and strategic planning, but also accountability for concrete results.
- You're values-aligned. You care deeply about making a difference and work each day to make a demonstrable impact for our staff and the people we serve.
How You'll be Measured
At the end of year one (1), the Director of Information Technology will have:
- Achieved a thorough understanding of the different business functions in place at Commonpoint Queens along with their technology and regulatory needs
- Documented IT systems and policies and developed a comprehensive technology plan
- Enhanced, identified, developed and supported applications and technologies to support work from home
- Collaborated with teams across the organization to ensure IT needs are being met at a high level across the organization
- Made measurable and documented progress instituting an ongoing cybersecurity program
- 8+ years working on technical operations, preferably at a growing non-profit with multiple site locations.
- Experience in collaborating with senior leadership and other stakeholders to develop and execute strategic technology plans.
- Demonstrated track record of designing, implementing, and managing processes to increase operational efficiency.
- Meticulous in maintaining systems documentation.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity best practices a must.
- Prior success working in or, preferably, managing an IT or helpdesk team.
- Proficient with
- G Suite administration
- Network infrastructure including switches, firewalls (Sonicwall) and wireless (UniFi and Meraki)
- Microsoft Windows OS, MacOS and Google Chrome OS
- MS Server 2012(R2)/2016/2019; VMware ESXi /vSphere
- Document Management
- Video, voice and other communications systems
- Facilities technology
- Cybersecurity for mid-size businesses and/or nonprofits
- General software such as Microsoft Office, Zoom, VoIP, etc.
- Experience with
- Salesforce and other database technologies including SQL
- Wordpress and other website technology
Expected Salary Range
$75,000 to $90,000
Qualified candidates should email Craig Lastres with a resume and subject line that read "Director of Information Technology" to email@example.com
Only highly qualified candidates will be contacted
Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employer/program
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.