Job Summary: The Job Developer & Placement Specialist will cultivate, develop and match job openings with qualified applicants of the Marks JCH Employment Center. Essential duties will include screening and interviewing candidates, understanding client aspirations, informing candidates on compensation and benefits, helping candidates with documentation, interview prep and resume preparedness. The position will include active outreach to new employers and industries for employment referral opportunities. Candidate must be self-motivated and eager to build on top of an all already active and layered infrastructure including working with a diverse team of colleagues. As our community recovers from the economic turmoil of the COVID-19 crisis in NYC, getting clients back to work in high-demand field with potential for career growth is a critical priority for the agency and our extensive workforce development portfolio.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with employers and recruiters in various industries to source job openings
- Research and translate local labor market trends
- Identify job opportunities that match the abilities/qualifications of program participants
- Collect data from employers related to job orders including job requirements and skills
- Place and conduct necessary follow up with employers to ensure job retention
- Communicate with job seekers and make note of their expectation from the job in terms of responsibilities, salary and career scope
- Perform career counseling/coaching to job seekers: Inclusive of support in career decisions, resume development, vocational training and upgrading qualification referrals, interview preparation, job application submission, and others.
- Understand the scope of the agency's vast internal/external referral resources; support respective clients in navigating and receiving appropriate wrap-around services
- Establish connections with apprenticeship / Internship programs
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor within the objectives and position description of the department.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Research and relationship building abilities
- Ability to coordinate with professionals from different fields, working at different levels
- Knowledge in human resource management and recruitment procedures is a plus; workforce services including career coaching aspects highly favorable
- Ability to access and remain updated on current job sources/openings
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Computer skills using MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, importing/exporting data to/from applications, Zoom and Google Suite
- Bilingual Russian/English preferred
BA or Equivalent in related fields preferred but not required (HR, Talent management, Organizational phycology, Social Work)
This is a full-time position, salary commensurate with degree and experience. Please include Resume and Cover Letter.
35,000 - 45,000
Who we are: The Marks JCH of Bensonhurst, known as the JCH, is a center of community life in Brooklyn, rooted in Jewish values and fostering an inclusive environment. We help at every life stage, providing critical services that lift people out of poverty, as well as innovative programing that educates and inspires our community members. The Marks JCH is a full-scale human service agency, providing social services, older adult services, resettlement support, job placement in addition to being a Jewish community center offering children's, youth, family, and cultural programs. Marks JCH prides itself on its 360-degree holistic service model, providing services for the whole family, meeting the needs of low- and moderate-income New Yorkers, specializing in helping refugees and immigrant