Location and Job Title:
Junior Graphic Designer
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
The Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is looking for an onsite Junior Graphic Designer with 4-5 years of experience in design and communication. The position will be working directly with the creative director and marketers to create email marketing, advertisements, in-house digital displays, videos, facility signage, social media, and more.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and creative problem solver with an approachable, clean design esthetic. This is a great opportunity to shape the look of The Kaplen JCC on the Palisades and work with a variety of departments and marketers including health and wellness, aquatics, fitness, membership, camp, early childhood, music, special needs, seniors, community programs, and fundraising.
This is a collaborative role that will involve close work with our creative director and marketing directors as well as department heads. The Junior Graphic Designer will also be responsible for vendor management and communication when it comes to collateral production.
This is a fast-paced role with a high volume of work with tight deadlines - organization and self-motivation are vital along with a willingness to adhere to brand guidelines. We have a small and dedicated team so frequent, clear communication, and responsiveness are a must.
This is an exciting time to join the team. The right candidate will have the opportunity to lead our expansion into video production and help shape The Kaplen JCC on the Palisades social media presence.
- Create and update print and digital materials such as brochures, direct mail, advertising, flyers, emails, signage, promotional merchandise, social media, and special projects.
- Maintain the integrity of our brand identity across all creative and deliverables.
- Create and update content for all on-site digital platforms.
- Manage multiple projects while adhering to production schedules.
- Maintain all creative assets; establish and maintain filing system.
- Produce typographic titles and graphics for video content.
- Edit branded video content.
- Communicate with department heads, marketing leadership, and external vendors.
- Keep up with graphic design trends and competitors, present to marketing leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or relevant experience
- 4-5 years of experience in design and communication
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional design, layout, and typography skills
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Premiere, and After Effects
- Strong photography/videography skills
- Video production and animation a plus
This is a Full-Time position and salary is based on experience.
Kaplen JCC On The Palisades is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs.
Our vision is to be the center point of Jewish life in our community and to engage all generations in our mission and values.
Deeply rooted in Jewish values and tradition, the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a vibrant home for the Jewish People that welcomes all and cultivates the social, intellectual, physical and spiritual well-being of the entire community.
We are committed to demonstrating the following values and ask respect for these values from those with whom we interact:
CONNECTION TO JUDAISM AND ISRAEL
TIKKUN OLAM (repairing the world)