Location and Job Title:
Osher Marin JCC
200 N San Pedro Rd
San Rafael, CA 94903
We have several part-time life guard opportunities available
- mornings, evenings and weekend shifts available! These YEAR-ROUND positions can
range from 2-18 hours per week, with a flexible schedule. Benefits include JCC
full facility membership and discounts on JCC programs/events and a friendly,
Compensation: $13 - 17 per hour, depending on relevant experience
Employment type: part-time
- Guarding and providing a safe environment for members with a 15 - 20 minute pool rotation schedule.
- Learning and enforcing the pool rules as well as those guidelines set out by the American Red Cross as they pertain to lifeguard skills and training.
- Being fully alert and aware of emergency situations and procedures.
- Performing pool opening procedures, closing procedures and participating in the daily maintenance of the pools.
- Installing and removing lane lines according to need and schedule.
- Interacting with the members in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Attending mandatory monthly aquatic in-service training.
- Properly filling out incident and accident reports when necessary.
- Working as a team with other staff members.
- Current American Red Cross Life-guarding/ First Aid/ CPR/ AED certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 4 hours at a time, swim at least 300 yards continuously, and lift at least 50 lbs.
- The lifeguard should be reliable and responsible, with a strong sense of commitment to their job and to the Center's larger purpose.
The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center, located in San Rafael, CA, provides educational, social, cultural, and fitness programs to the community since 1946. Open to all, with the mission of enhancing people's lives and preserving Jewish Identity, its programs and services include:
- A state-of-the-art fitness center
- An outstanding preschool
- Performing arts, literary and cultural events
- Summer camps for children of all ages and special programs for teens
- Special programs for families and older adults
- Educational classes, workshops and excursions