Location and Job Title:
Director of Finance
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Stephanie Levin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Finance is responsible for the direct management and oversight of all financial activities and contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks as well as overseeing informational technology (IT) for the JCC.
The Director of Finance directly manages the financial and business operations of the New Orleans JCC. They recommend policies and implements procedures that result in improved fiscal management and accountability, reduced financial risk, as well as systems for efficient and cost-effective administrative operations. The Director of Finance implements best practices to improve the overall financial strength and administrative capacity of the New Orleans JCC.
The Director of Finance also provides strategic guidance and oversees implementation of information technology and database systems and works closely with the Facilities Department related to overall facility management.
The Director of Finance reports to and partners with the Chief Executive Officer in moving the New Orleans JCC forward.
Salary Range: $95,000 - 105,000
The primary functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Finance and Accounting:
- Manage the daily general accounting and reporting systems and functions to ensure that the JCC's assets are safeguarded and that financial statements and reports are properly prepared, reported and distributed in a timely manner in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provide financial management and oversight with direct responsibility for accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership to the staff and Board on decision making issues affecting the New Orleans JCC.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly financial statements.
- Directly supervise the accounting team.
- Present financial reports to the board and external users of financial statements, including grantors and donors.
- Oversee the annual financial and 403b audit processes. Works with the accounting team and the auditors to assure the audit is completed in a timely manner.
- Support the work of the Finance, Investment and Audit committees of the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the development of the New Orleans JCCs annual and strategic long-term budgets in partnership with the staff.
- Provide mentorship and education to program staff related to fiscal management and budget development.
- Manage relationships with financial institutions.
- Prepare forecasts of future revenues, activities and cash needs.
- Support the investment committee and ensure that endowment and other investments are managed in accordance with the investment policies and direction established by the Board of Directors.
- Stay abreast of changes in non-profit financial reporting requirements and governmental regulations including tax laws and the effects of changes on the New Orleans JCC. Ensure that the JCC is in compliance with applicable financial reporting requirements and governmental regulations including but not limited to IRS Form 990, Form 990T, MD Form 500, state charitable financial reporting, MD personal property returns and file retention regulation.
- Provide technical financial advice to staff on any prospective contracts which the New Orleans JCC may enter.
Administrative and Business Operations:
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the New Orleans JCC.
- Provides strategic guidance and oversees implementation of information technology, financial software and database systems.
- Serve as primary risk manager for the organization. Oversee the General Liability Insurance, Workers Compensation and Property programs and manage relationship with insurance broker and insurance companies.
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
- Establish goals and manage relationship with accounting and IT vendors.
Required Education/Work Experience/Competencies:
- Senior administrative and financial leadership in a complex not for-profit organization or business environment.
- At least 5 years experience in senior financial management and business operations.
- The ability to work with, develop, and support teams.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in financial planning, budgeting, accounting, investments, financial reporting and information technology.
- Post-graduate degree or comparable experience in finance, accounting, or business.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to deliver effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to the Board and staff.
- Prior JCC or Jewish communal experience a plus.
- Requires frequent communication with others to exchange information; repetition of motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers; and remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
- Occasionally requires moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another; ability to sit, stand, lift, bend, twist; and working in noisy environments
$95,000 - $105,000
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.