Location and Job Title:
Social Work Supervisor, CUNY Hillel Programs
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
All employees must present proof of vaccination.
Location: CUNY Colleges / Remote / Forest Hills Office
STATEMENT OF THE AGENCY
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with flagship sites in Forest Hills and Little Neck, along with 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.
The individual hired as the Social Worker will divide their time between the Commonpoint Queens mental health clinic and the Youth Workforce Department:
- Within the mental health clinic, the social worker will work very closely with a larger treatment team consisting of a Psychiatrist, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Peer Advocates and a Registered Nurse.
- Within the Youth Workforce department, The social worker will work within the CUNY Career Connect program, which provides on-site career and graduate school guidance to students at four CUNY campus Hillels. The selected candidate will work with Hillel Clubs at three CUNY Colleges, including Hunter College, Queens College, and College of Staten Island.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Mental health clinic responsibilities:
- Provide mental health assessments and diagnoses
- Clinical responsibilities: individual, group and family therapy
- Document all services in the EHR
- Participate in regular staff meetings, present assessments in case conference, and communicate with all members of the team as needed
- Participate in regular clinical supervision
- Participate in community engagement
- Possible work with Holocaust survivors or in their home
Youth Workforce Responsibilities
- Supervise, train and evaluate 6 MSW interns placed at three CUNY college Hillels in order to develop students' professional judgement, clinical knowledge and skills.
- Identify training and educational needs and develop trainings to address those needs and enhance a cohort experience.
- Collaborate with Commonpoint, UJA-Federation and Hillel staff to design effective program metrics and data collection strategies.
- Develop, facilitate and oversee workshops related to mental health and wellness for students at CUNY Hillels.
- Interact with students to support program participation, assist them in pursuing career goals, interests and opportunities, and assess the need for counseling or assistance.
- Provide information and referrals for outside support services or agencies
- Explore expanded and strategic programs for Jewish CUNY students to access services.
- Document students' progress and outcomes via case notes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker required (LCSW)
- SIFI certification/eligibility required
- Bilingual Russian/Hebrew preferred
- Knowledge of Jewish Community organization
- Interest in working with Holocaust Survivors, college students and career development or nonprofit work
- At least (3) years' experience working with adolescents in an urban environment providing services that reduce barriers and facilitate educational success and social emotional wellbeing.
- At least three (3) years' experience providing clinical supervision and professional development to a team of social work interns.
- Should be willing to travel to multiple CUNY colleges (Baruch, Hunter, Queens) and Central Queens Center.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management, strategic planning, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate cultural competency through familiarity in working with people from very diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume, as a Word or PDF document only, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "Social Work Supervisor" in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Commonpoint Queens reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
55,000 - 65,000
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.