Location and Job Title:
The Marion & Aaron Gural JCC
207 Grove Ave
Cedarhurst, NY 11516
The Marion & Aaron Gural JCC located on the South Shore of Long Island is in search of a Controller to join our team. This is the lead position in the Finance department reporting directly to the CEO.
- Prepare and monitor annual agency budget
- Perform financial reporting functions including preparation of accrual basis financial statements, monthly comparative financial reports and Cashflow reporting to the CEO, Finance Committee and Departments.
- Prepare Quarterly reports for Board
- Manage financial controls and the month-end close process
- Monitor budget-to-actual activity
- Prepare and maintain schedules/documents required for annual financial audits, IRS Form 990 & NYS Char 500
- Oversee processing and filings of annual 1099 forms and ACA compliance forms 1094C/1095C
- Monitor/review Bank reconciliations and Reconciliation of Assets/Liabilities GL accounts
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Receivable functions, Senior Day Care billing and collection
- Review receipt schedules, analyze prepaid and deferred entries
- Review transactions posting to accounting system to ensure quality and accuracy of financial reporting, book accruals and adjustments
- In charge of grants budgeting, billing and collaborative reporting
- Assist with Payroll processing and reporting functions (currently Paylocity)
- Manage banking, cash flow, merchant accounts
- Manage employee credit cards, monitor credit cards activity
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Grant Management and Non-Profit Accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks
- Knowledge of MIP Fund Accounting Software, Knowledge of Paylocity Payroll system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. Five years or more of related experience
The Marion & Aaron Gural JCC offers a variety of programs that bring together children, families and friends for learning, celebrations and commemorations that inspire passion and touch the lives of our community members every day.
The JCC is a dynamic and vital community resource providing educational, enrichment, recreational and social services to individuals and families in the Five Towns, Far Rockaway and South West Region of Long Island. We are a community center that inspires learning and friendship in a thoughtful and compassionate environment. As a unique institution, we have created a home through a network of local community sites in neighborhoods bursting with vibrant Jewish life. Our standard for excellence is exemplified by our core of dedicated board members, supporters, volunteers and staff that enhance and enrich the lives of people of all ages.
The JCC is responsive to our community, caring for those we serve and reflecting the wide mosaic of Jewish life and experience. We will always be a place that encourages unity; where anyone, regardless of faith, social or economic background, can take advantage of all the services we have to offer.
Visit us at guraljcc.org.