Location and Job Title:
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
Facility Director is responsible for responsible for facility maintenance,
mechanical operations, and overall aesthetic appearance of a 90,000 square foot
community center and its 52 acre campus, including two large pools and a
fitness center. This hands-on, working supervisor will help steer first major
renovation in 20 years.
- Supervision of Facilities Staff to ensure clean, workable, and functional facility and campus
- Oversight/supervision of outside contractors, such as cleaning staff, landscaping contractors, plumbers, electricians, pool repairers, various installers, etc.
- Assist with development and ongoing monitoring of departmental budget
- Insure all facilities and equipment meet or exceed applicable code & legal requirements set forth by the State of TN and Davidson County
- Maintain relationship with appropriate government agencies and utility providers, such as fire, police, water, gas, NES, etc.
- Oversight of all systems, equipment, and central supplies, including HVAC, security/alarms, fire extinguishers, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Order and track central and cleaning supplies
- Maintain all owned and/or leased vehicles, including vans, truck, and tractor
- Assist program staff and rental clients in execution of programs/events, including prior set-up of location per specifications and cleanliness thought the event
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, supplies, door and file storage keys
- Completing plans and overseeing renovations of facility needs in a 30+ year old building
- Serve as staff representative on appropriate Board committees
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Engineering Technology, Technical Certification, or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years management experience
- Experience with budget management
- Experience with and understanding of fire and safety systems, energy consumption, and building mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and structural systems
- Experience in operation of swimming pool and spa facilities
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
*Interested applicants should submit their resume, with salary requirements*
The Gordon Jewish Community Center
(GJCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational,
educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member
families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a
place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with
their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930s, provides a day camp
experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.