Location and Job Title:
Chief Human Resource Officer
Jewish Community Center of Austin
7300 Hart Ln
Austin, TX 78731
About the Job
We need you to fill the role of Chief Human Resource Officer. This is a Full-Time, Exempt position. Within the frame work of Shalom Austin's Mission, the CHRO is responsible for enhancing the overall engagement experience of Shalom Austin employees. This position is occupied by an advanced HR practitioner who leads the overall functions related to employees at Shalom Austin. The CHRO works in portfolio areas including engagement, change management, performance management, learning and development, and strategic staffing including talent acquisition. Additionally, the incumbent in this role provides expert level guidance related to employee relations, human resources policy, talent management, and benefits strategy. This position reports to the CEO and leads the HR team. You'll also wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with CEO on organization wide engagement efforts including Core Values, workplace celebrations, annual events, wellness initiatives, benchmarking metrics and associated outcomes.
- Leads and advises on best practices for organization wide change and transformation. Utilizes change management methodologies to maximize support to employees.
- Works collaboratively to ensure robust learning and personal and professional development opportunities are offered to Shalom Austin employees.
- Collaborates, researches and ensure implementation of learning opportunities during regularly scheduled meetings.
- Implements and delivers appropriate, sound and consistent performance management support for managers including but not limited to performance enhancement, improvement plans, and under-performance.
- Identifies high performing and high potential employees and develops appropriate succession planning with management team.
- Leads or advises on staff structures across the organization. Researches positions; guides managers in creating job responsibilities; defines competencies; and works strategically and collaboratively to create, implement and fill positions that meet the needs of each team and Shalom Austin. Acts as subject matter expert on job descriptions and job offers; collateral materials; negotiations; questions of fit and fill for position.
- Researches and implements best practice recommendations for compensation, strategy.. Includes compensation bands and salaries within bands.
- Executes yearly raises or merit pools in collaboration with CEO and senior team.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, Sociology, or other related focus area. Master's degree preferred.,
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP required.
- Demonstrated success applying and leading change management initiatives
- Demonstrated success creating, implementing and maintaining learning and development programs from inception through delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams who successfully work in complex, high-growth environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance management methodologies and track record of success implementing performance management systems and processes
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (which may, depending on the position you are hired for, include an FBI fingerprint check).
- Adhere to our Mission, Core Values, and all HR policies and procedures.
Compensation and Benefits
- We'll pay you an annual salary of $95,000 - $115,000 DOE.
- We offer outstanding medical insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, and we'll pay 100% of the premium cost of our base plan on your behalf.
- We provide life and long-term disability insurance, and we pay 100% of the cost for you.
- We will give you lots of paid time off. First-year employees receive 18 PTO days, and more than 15 Jewish and Federal holidays.
- We'll offer you up to a 50% discount for your kiddos for Shalom Austin programs, including our amazing early childhood program, as enrollment allows.
- We understand that you need a work/life balance and that you have commitments outside of the workplace, so we'll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We'll provide you with the opportunity to make a difference in the Central Texas Jewish community every day.
- We are Shalom Austin, the hub of Jewish life in Central Texas.
- We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization comprised of the Jewish Community Center (JCC), Jewish Federation, Jewish Family Service (JFS), and the Jewish Foundation.
- The majority of our programming operates on 40+ beautiful acres on the Dell Jewish Community Campus in the live music capital of the world - "weird" Austin, Texas.
- We are a passionate group of more than 200 staff working on our mission of enhancing the quality of Jewish life in the greater Austin area and around the world through philanthropy, education, social service, culture, spirituality and total wellness.
- You appreciate the role a faith based agency plays in the community regardless if you are a member of the Jewish faith.
- You care about UNITY. You recognize the importance of one team that leverages resources, talents and expertise to achieve a common purpose.
- You care about EXCELLENCE. You are committed to continual improvement and you consistently set new standards for success.
- You care about RESPECT. You nurture your workplace through honesty, sincerity and responsibility.
- You care about CREATIVITY. You approach both opportunities and obstacles with a spirit of flexibility, thinking critically to achieve innovative solutions.
- You care about INITIATIVE. You are a self-starter, driven to exceed expectations and claim a sense of ownership as you pursue your goals.
- You care about KNOWLEDGE. You engage in continuous learning and actively seek opportunities that provide professional enrichment and personal fulfillment.