Location and Job Title:
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, this position
will lead the budgeting, forecasting, and planning for the organization.
This role provides both analytical and technical support to their
colleagues and works on ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed. This
role will partner with Accounting and Business Systems during the
monthly close process, including endowment and reserve account
reconciliations and variance reporting. This position will work closely
with the Development team to develop funding solicitations and provide
grant reporting. This position will also be responsible for cash flow
and projections, debt and banking relationships.
- Work closely with program/department leads and Accounting to review monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports.
analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and
timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual
monitor progress and changes and keep stakeholders abreast of the organization's financial situation.
- Identify, explain and correct variances as appropriate.
with the Director of FP&A to develop reports, dashboards
and presentations to communicate timely information to both internal and external users such as board
members and donors.
- Develop additional one-off or ongoing reports to allow lead to better manage and report on their areas of responsibility
- Manage, reconcile and monitor endowment and reserve accounts including tracking of reserve spending and annual endowment draw.
- Manage weekly cash flow projections and translate cash flow from Accrual to Cash basis.
- Manage debt compliance and debt covenant requirements.
Budget and Forecast Management
- Assist the CFO and Director of FP&A during the annual Budget and Forecast processes.
- Develop revenue and expense models including detailed staffing models.
- Provide budgeting software technical support.
- Serve as a resource for budgeting and forecasting requests from other departments.
- As requested, create
year-over-year comparison and analysis. Provide strategic reporting and
analysis to support the decision-making process.
participate in budget meetings and work with the Director of FP&A
and stakeholders to ensure follow up items are completed.
- Maintain planning templates, reporting file cabinet and GL hierarchy within budgeting software.
and collaborate with the Accounting Manager to strengthen the
connection between accounting results and budgets, forecasts and other
Ad Hoc Reporting and Analyses
analytic support for performance, margins, trends, drivers, etc. Work
with the Director of FP&A to analyze data; summarize
and present results.
and implement solutions to recurring problems in budget/forecast
by working with managers/directors to change practices. Actively seek
opportunities to train staff to improve forecasting skills.
- Critically evaluate all analyses for accuracy and consistency.
- Verify that job requests and Personnel Action Forms are consistent with the budgeted/forecasted amount
- Provide support to Accounting as necessary.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
- Partner with Development to complete grant proposals and grant reporting requests.
- Complete timely reporting requirements for reimbursable grants.
- Track restricted contributed revenue to ensure that requirements are met.
- Overhead allocation analysis.
- Assist in annual audit as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- 5 years minimum of relevant experience
- Non-profit industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using budgeting software
- Experience collaborating with a team of professional contributors
- Experience preparing and analyzing financial data
- Demonstrated track record of accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and execution skills
STATUS: Benefited, exempt position, supervisory
Health & Safety:
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as
possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated
(COVID-19) prior to beginning work. Please reach out to HR@jccsf.org if you have questions.
$85,000 - $95,000
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio).