Location and Job Title:
Individual Giving Manager
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
About the Position
The Individual Giving Manager is responsible for development, implementation and assessment of a robust, integrated annual giving program that supports the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades' mission, with an emphasis on engagement for annual donors ranging from $1,800 to $100,000. Working in concert with the Director of Development, the Annual Giving Manager will develop, grow, and execute acquisition and retention fundraising strategies to secure gifts that support the JCC's Annual Campaign. Special areas of focus within the JCC include the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, the Senior Adult Services Department and the Guttenberg for Special Services. The candidate will work closely with the Department heads as well as the Director of Development to maximize donor engagement as well as to bring in new donors to these areas of the JCC.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the annual giving program, including solicitations, answering donor inquiries, donor follow-up and stewardship.
- With assistance of the Director of Development, CEO, and a select group of the Board, oversees a cultivation strategy for first-time and current donors, including donor-centric updates, benefits and events.
- Develop special engagement opportunities that move donors to higher levels of annual giving, supporting the growth of a major gifts pipeline.
- Recruits, engages, and manages volunteers and provides them with leadership and direction in support of the cultivation and solicitation of major donors and prospects; coordinates volunteers' activities to ensure their integration into the organization's mission.
- Drafts thank you letters and written updates as well as compelling solicitation letters and campaign materials to emphasize the JCC's needs to the community.
- Improves the donor experience by tailoring appeals and updates according to interests.
- Supports Director of Development, as well as Director of Donor Engagement, with timely updates, collateral, and other stewardship pieces for their respective portfolios.
- Arranges meetings with donors and prospects for cultivation, stewardship and solicitation. Consistently documents key conversations and other pertinent donor information in donor management database.
- Works with Marketing department in the design of fundraising materials (i.e. website, video, social media, appeals, etc).
- Develops a strong working knowledge of database to run appropriate reports and analysis for strategic planning and year-end review.
- Works with Departments to understand their budgets and opportunities for fundraising revenue streams, attends meetings and other events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 4-6 years' experience working in a not-for-profit development office with proven success in donor solicitation and giving
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the arts, music education, seniors and the special needs community needed
- Demonstrated project management and problem-solving skills, including organizational skills to meet goals and objectives through effective program and project planning
- Ability to work independently and confidentially, and be able to interact with donors, members, and staff in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaboration across working groups
- Ability to initiate and organize work, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality control
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM/database, and an openness to embracing new technology
This position description is based upon material provided by Kaplen JCC on the Palisades, an equal opportunity employer.
Sarah Raful Whinston, Senior Search Consultant
Eva Dunphy, Senior Associate
150,000 - 165,000
About Kaplen JCC
Kaplen JCC is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. The 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs. The JCC has a budget of $21M and 3000 family households.