Location and Job Title:
45 Haverford Rd
Wynnewood, PA 19096
The Events Manager is a full-time staff position with the Kaiserman Jewish Community Center under the supervision of the Chief Programming Officer The Events Manager is responsible for successfully developing, implementing and overseeing public and private events for the Kaiserman JCC; as well as assisting the development department with tasks as needed. The Events Manager must be highly motivated, task driven, organized, and great at execution.
- Planning and managing events of varying size and purposes for the Kaiserman JCC, including our preschool and Camp Kef.
- Events include annual fundraisers, preschool events, Philadelphia JCC Maccabi Hall of Fame ceremonies, and more
- Assist with fundraising for the events, including event sponsorships, registration, on-site fundraising such as raffles and 50/50s, etc.
- Handling budgeting and invoicing
- Liaising and negotiating with vendors
- Negotiating sponsorship deals
- Handling logistics
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes
- Managing branding and communication
- Handling post-event reports
- Book entertainers, photographers, and schedule speakers
- Assess an event's overall success and submit findings
- Drafting emails and communications, both internally and externally
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of event plans
- Managing and maintaining list of community contacts, and building relationships with local organizations
- Assisting with rentals, outside organizations holding events at the JCC, poolside shabbats, the Preschool art show, and other PTO matters
- Working with the office manager to oversee the JCC birthday party program, while working to grow the program
- Creating and developing private and public events (Bar mitzvah fairs, yard sales, bingos, etc.)
- Liaising with facilities staff
- At least 2 years of relevant job experience.
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Outstanding vendor management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, public relations, marketing, or communications preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer savvy.
- Graphic design experience, or a willingness to learn
Kaiserman JCC Mission and Values:
Since 1971, the Kaiserman JCC has worked to advance and enrich life in Philadelphia. Our mission is to create fulfilling connections, enhance lives, and foster Jewish peoplehood through inspirational educational, cultural, and recreational programs. Our campus, which is located just west of Philadelphia, serves a diverse community through programs and activities that impact families, teens, and older adults.
Our guiding organizational values are rooted in Jewish tradition and inform how we deliver our mission. These values have universal resonance in the Jewish community and beyond--we welcome everyone to participate in the programming we offer.
Sakranut (Curiosity) - We pursue any opportunity to learn and grow as an organization and as individuals in service to our community.
Hod (Amenability) - We embrace change and stay nimble as community needs and preferences evolve.
Hachnasat Orchim (Hospitality) - We are committed to welcoming people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
Simcha (Joy) - Our work and what we offer to others inspires happiness and fulfillment, even amid life's great challenges.
L'dor V'dor (Connection) - We help strengthen the bonds between and among generations by bridging our past with a diverse and inclusive future.