Location and Job Title:
Member Relations Team Member, Opening Shifts
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
As a member relations team member you would be responsible for opening the building, welcoming people entering the building, conducting health screening and monitoring access - creating an excellent member experience. Additionally, you would provide directions and information to people both in person and those calling the center. You would be responsible for promoting JCC membership and programs as well as managing membership related data, paperwork and payments.
This role calls for a versatile set of skills, abilities and disciplines. These include:
- Highly dependable and consistently prompt
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and customer facing skills. Supportive of community members who are differently abled.
- Able to work with data management system and with payment transactions with a strong attention to details
- Proactive, resourceful and efficient. Able to prioritize. Uses judgement and asks questions, as needed. Collaborative and able to work independently.
- Performs well in a fast paced, highly visible role which requires flexibility, decisiveness and on-the-go problem-solving. Able to be authoritative, when needed,
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must be able to work in a fast paced busy environment which requires multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Must be able to wear a mask covering mouth and nose for extended periods of time (modeling the behavior we expect of all staff and visitors to the building)
- Must be able to perform health screening job responsibilities
- Must be willing to work night and weekend hours
- Position calls for sitting, standing, and walking throughout building
- Frequently lifts and carries, moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Shifts will run from 5:30 - 8:30 AM Monday - Friday and from 6:30 - 10:30 on weekends; candidates may apply for all shifts or for some days only.
- Must be computer literate with Word and Excel
- Experience with cash handling and a customer relationship management database desired
- Some college preferred
- Related experience in hospitality, customer service or fitness center a plus
- A general understanding of Jewish values, culture and traditions is helpful
Please send resume and availability to email@example.com
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization where families can access a wide range of learning, fitness, camping, and enrichment resources while connecting with a vibrant local Jewish community. This valued member of the JCC Greater Boston team serves a key role welcoming and supporting our members and guests to our Newton facility. This is a great role for those seeking a job that will allow them to use a diverse set of talents.