You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Bonnie & Donald Dwares JCC of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island
401 Elmgrove Ave
Providence, RI 02906
The Accounting Associate serves on the finance team under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, and is responsible for providing accounting support. Processes program registrations, and handles accounts payable and account receivable duties.
Salary range: $40,000-$45,000 with competitive benefits package.
To apply: please send cover letter and resume to Daniel Hamel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Maintains all accounts payable files.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, and others regarding purchases.
- Process all Purchase Order requests.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Review membership accounts monthly and follow up on past due balances.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, and credit line.
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data
- Prepares invoices and monthly statements for membership Jewish Rhode Island.
- Process registrations for all programs (with support from other departments during busy times).
- Manage the finances for all programs of the Israel Desk, including Gift of Israel.
- Prepare and enter journal entries, including cash receipts, as needed.
- Process all credit card purchase requests.
- Assist with audit as needed.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Demonstrated experience with the Alliance's core values and a clear commitment to them.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects. Strong organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment and effectively interact with all levels of management, community leaders, donors, and volunteers.
- One to two years of book keeping experience.
The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island (the Alliance) serves to enrich the quality of life for Jews in Rhode Island, in Israel, and around the world.Today's Alliance is where the community comes together as one to develop responses to critical issues facing Rhode Island.We do this through philanthropy, education and wellness opportunities, community relations, and by convening agencies, synagogues, and organizations to address issues of common concern.Together, we translate Jewish tradition and values into action.All of our work is guided by our core values:
Tzedakah: upholding the Jewish traditions of righteous giving and justice.
L'dor v'dor: securing a future filled with Jewish tradition and heritage.
Tikkun Olam: repairing the world.
Hineni: standing with others so no one stands alone.
Klal Yisrael: supporting worldwide Judaism and the State of Israel.
Torah: pursuing knowledge and lifelong learning.