Location and Job Title:
Grants & Contracts Accountant/Administrator
Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton Manhattan Beach
3300 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Reporting to the Controller, the Grants & Contracts Accountant / Administrator will be responsible for preparation, implementation, monitoring, management and reporting for all grants & contracts.
Key areas are: collaboration with staff to ensure timely completion of all grant deliverables, monitoring budgets to ensure appropriate and on-schedule grant spending and invoicing, preparing internal and external reports, support pre-award and post-award functional areas. Pre-award services include interpreting agency guidelines and SFY policies; preparing budgets and other forms with program staff; and coordinating online submission. Post-award services include providing guidance on account management; assisting with agency requirements and documentation; disseminating fiscal information; assisting program directors in budget modification or other project management functions; and preparing annual or other required reports.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for the operations of post-award management of approximately $4.1M in government funding & $1M in foundation & UJA grants, including contract reporting/billing, necessary accruals & adjusting journal entries.
- Analyze government grants on a monthly basis, ensure proper allocation of shared costs.
- Manage all grants accounting to ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant & program budgets throughout the grant/contract period.
- Administer contracts with the NYC Department of Youth & Community Development, New York State, Federal & other public funding entities
- Perform grant closeout functions required by agencies and sponsors including reconciliations, financial status reports, final invoices, purchase order liquidations, balancing budgets.
- Update equipment inventory schedule for DYCD Grants quarterly.
- Stay abreast of changes in funding through attendance of seminars as needed.
- Develop relationships with program officer(s) and other grant maker representatives.
- Respond to requests for information and provide reports or documentation for donors
- Coordinate activities between Payroll Manager & Accounting department to make necessary adjustments in payroll labor allocations for contract billing/vouchering.
- Assist with time and effort reporting, ensuring it is complete and in compliance with all applicable regulations
Budgeting & Reporting
- Prepare annual grant & contract budgets with help of program directors & Controller & monitor actual activity of progress compared to budget awarded.
- Monitor budget vs. actual monthly and generate grant income & expenditure reports on all government and foundation grants.
- Conduct monthly review & oversee reconciliation of general ledger (revenue & expense) accounts to ensure accurate & timely reporting.
- Maintain reporting calendar with Controller & ensure that local, state & federal government reports & tax filings are reviewed & dates are met.
- Assist in completion of filing, reporting, and monitoring of all federal grants in compliance with OMB Single Audit (A-133), A-110, & A-122.
- Prepare schedules for grants & contracts receivables and expense allocation.
- Assist in preparing files & providing documents during annual audit & for any agency audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant accounting & administration experience
- Solid experience managing government contracts (2+ years): budgeting, reporting, invoicing, etc.
- Working knowledge of various government agencies (Federal, NY State and NYC)
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of employees, management, and external parties
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving, & analytical skills
- Experience with MIP & government agency submission portals preferred
- Independent yet collaborative work style
Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton-Manhattan Beach, Inc. (SFY) builds community,
strengthens families & empowers individuals to achieve their potentials
& enhance their quality their lives. Our programs & services reflect
the richness of the Shorefront YM-YWHA's Community Center & Settlement
House traditions. We reach out to & serve people of all backgrounds &
abilities throughout their life spans.
provide a wide range of exemplary educational, recreational, preventive &
rehabilitative health, vocational, cultural, citizenship, Jewish
identity-building & human service programs to meet the evolving strengths,
needs & interests of the rich mosaic of people in southern Brooklyn.
YM-YWHA maximizes the impact of its resources & expertise by forming
partnerships & alliances with other organizations, government agencies
& philanthropic institutions that share our commitments & values.