Location and Job Title:
Betty & Milton Katz JCC
1301 Springdale Rd.
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
The JCC Camps at Medford is looking for a Director of its off-site day camp. The JCC Camps at Medford is one of the largest Jewish Day Camps in North America and is an ACA accredited camp located in Medford, NJ. JCC Camps at Medford is the offsite camp of the Betty and Milton Katz JCC in Cherry Hill, NJ. The Camp is host to over 1300 campers and over 500 staff during the 8-week summer program.
The Director provides leadership to the Camp, including but not limited to, administration, coordination, and supervision of all functions within the organization in accordance with the Values, Vision, and Mission. Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Director provides leadership and direction to the staff and is responsible for all operations.
- Program innovation, creation, planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Fiscal management and oversight
- Provide supervision and direction to the full time, year round facility staff
- Supervise Leadership Team members and meet regularly to review goals
- Management of the Weekend Swim Club held on location
- Oversight of the Facility Rental Coordinator for all rentals held on location
- Fundraising; the seeking and writing of grants, conducting special fundraising events
- Work with committees; executive and parent
- Building, fostering and maintaining relationships and ensuring a positive community image for the Camp
- Design, deliver and evaluate camp programs that meet the needs and interests of the camps target populations and ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner
- Develop vision and strategies for summer and year-round camp offerings by assessing competition, determining strategic opportunities and mirroring them with the mission of the J
- Ensure that there is appropriate and meaningful Jewish content
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every participant is treated with dignity and respect, in a friendly, personalized manner
- Correspond with camper's parents and prospective camper's parents in a timely and professional manner
- Work with marketing department to create fliers, brochures, articles, and other promotional materials
- Build relationships with all program participants and parents
- Meet with parents and children whenever necessary
- Develop budgets for all program areas and manage continual budget responsibility
- Oversee payroll for department
- Partner with the J Marketing Department to coordinate the development of a marketing plan for all camp programs, including brochure development, advertising and community events
- Work cooperatively with J development staff and leadership to identify and secure funding for programs
- Represent the JCC in a professional manner and provide excellent customer service
- Attend JCC events as needed
- Attend department head meetings and other staff meetings
- Some nights and weekends required
- Work in collaboration with other JCC departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years supervisory experience
- 5+ years of experience managing youth or family programs, preferably in a camp setting
- Experience in creating and managing program budgets
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate information clearly (both written and oral)
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented; Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Ability and desire to work independently and as a team member with the community and other employees
- Positive, upbeat and enthusiastic about working in a non-profit environment
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse group that includes JCC staff, parents, lay leaders, children and the public
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions, and community, and previous experience in Jewish programming preferred
The Katz JCC was established in the South Jersey Jewish community in the 1940s with facilities in Camden and Pennsauken, NJ. As the facilities grew, the services we offered expanded.
The new JCC, the building we currently reside in, opened its doors in June 1997. Located on the Weinberg Community Campus in Cherry Hill, NJ, the JCC is the central place for the entire community.
The Katz JCC is home to our award-winning NAEYC accredited Sari Isdaner Early Childhood Center for children as young as three months. The JCC also includes a state of the art health and wellness complex that provides fitness opportunities for all ages and abilities. Our award-winning after school programs, Just4Kids and JCrew, are the destinations for children K-8th grades which offer homework help, enrichment activities, computer lab and creative arts. We are also home to two award-winning South Jersey day camps, Early Childhood Camps at the Katz JCC for children ages 2-5, and the JCC Camps at Medford for campers ages 3-14. The JCC has also become a haven for Jewish organizations, children, youth and older adults and individuals with special needs.
The Katz JCC is proud to host numerous enriching educational, social and entertaining community events throughout the year. We encourage individuals of all faiths, cultures, ages and abilities to be a part of this dynamic and vibrant community.
The Katz Jewish Community Center (JCC) is committed to promoting and enriching Jewish culture, heritage, values and lives by providing outstanding educational, social and health & wellness programs and experiences for our community.
Our vision is to be the premiere Jewish social, cultural, recreational and educational center that serves the South Jersey community. We strive to preserve and enrich Jewish culture, heritage and values by providing programs and services for all ages and abilities.