Location and Job Title:
Support Specialist, Island Quest Day Camp
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
All employees must present proof of vaccination.
The Support Specialist is an integral part of the operations and implementation team for Island Quest Day Camp. This position is a great opportunity to join the team for its inaugural summer. You will have the opportunity to participate and generate impact on the ground level of a start-up summer camp, with the support of well established agencies and the investment of state of the art facilities.
The Support Specialist is responsible for many outreach and administrative functions. Examples of projects include coordinating processes, assisting with onboarding and purchasing and the overall registration process. This position is looking for a candidate with an organized skill-set to help launch a successful product. Strong teamwork and collaboration skills will mark traits of the best candidate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to all forms of communication from camp stakeholders and solve inquiries.
- Collaborate with vendors and other key personnel to improve programs for campers, including application/brochure materials, daily schedules, registration, and policies.
- Recruit/retain campers. Attend Camp Fairs and Community Events and support camper recruitment and retention efforts.
- Coordinate camper and camp staff related paperwork.
- Maintain a variety of files and forms for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information relative to camper and staff records.
- Maintain the camp databases, including updating contact information.
- Must have the ability to prepare online and printed forms (i.e. Applications, Medical Forms, etc.) and other job-related documents using prescribed format and conforming to the rules of punctuation and grammar.
- Prepare and disseminate informational lists and trackers (i.e. Medical, Aftercamp) to the administrative staff.
- Create and maintain tracking systems for inquiries and lead generation for campers and staff.
- Track and manage internal purchasing processes including expense reconciliation and vendor relations.
- Manage and update the camp focused social media platforms.
- Provide logistical support for workshops and events for professional development and recruitment.
- Establish camper accounts for billing, and adjust the accounts appropriately when enrollments change.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations throughout the year throughout Queens and Long Island on a regular basis.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving approach.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues across the agency.
Location: All Commonpoint Locations in Queens and Partners on Long Island
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.