Location and Job Title:
JCC Princeton Mercer Bucks & Abrams Camps
148 Cedarville Road
East Windsor, NJ 08520
The Sports Specialist at Abrams Camps implements and executes the sports instruction for age appropriate athletics programs that work on building skills and drills while expanding our campers horizons with new sports and recreation activities for children ages Pre-K thru 9th grade. This candidate must have an appreciation for all types of sports with an emphasis on safety, instruction, all while promoting camp wide sportsmanship. We are looking for an awesome fun individual who loves to work with kids and bring new games to our camp.
1. Planning and executing 8 weeks of basic sports in addition to safety, stretching, rules, skills, and games. Sports include flag football, volleyball, soccer, lacrosse, baseball, tennis, gaga, street hockey, backyard sports, wacky sports, obstacles and fun games.
2. Coordinate in the planning of Color War, intramural leagues and sport electives.
3. Managing a group of approximately 12+ campers with the support of the group's counselors during their scheduled time at athletics.
4. Must be able to work & cooperate in a friendly relationship with campers, staff, & administration.
5. Assume additional roles and assist program supervisor with specialist team activities.
6. Keep sports area organized ans rovide a list of needed equipment for sports.
7. Take inventory of all programming equipment at end of the summer & pack up equipment for winter storage.
The JCC Abrams Camps is located at an premier facility in East Windsor, NJ with outdoor pools and indoor buildings on a stunning shaded campsite. We are growing fast and hiring now AWESOME new staff members. Please click this link for our on-line application www.jccabramscamps.org/join-our-team visit our website at www.JCCAbramsCamps.org.